WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Tw33zD
Whats gaming about to you

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Well as the subject states, discuss what gaming is about to you, what aspect you like most eg. mp, sp or coop.
And if you want to make a quote about it.

I like singleplayer alot, so most games i buy is cause i want to hear the story, so for me its all about the story of the game.
Im a lan fan since i dont have the greatest internet around, but i do sometimes play online.

My quote is: "Multiplayer is not about skill or rank, its all about having fun with freinds."

Kerrigan

Re: Whats gaming about to you

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:52 pm

For me Offline mulitplayer means much more to me because of the social component.

For a LAN you have to move your ass to a different location, meet friends, drink alc, having fun, BBQ, etc..
and.. you don't have to play all the time. You could play soccer aswell... or anything.

Online multiplayer is unpersonal. The highest you can get on social components is talking to people via VoIP but you don't even see their faces...

Online is a pure ragefest: HACKERZZ OMFG, YOU SUCK, GET LOST, FUCK YOURSELF, I'M A 12 YEAR OLD KID WHO PLAYS MATURE RATED GAMES ONLINE, GIVE ME MORE FREE GAMES, I FUCK YOUR MOM, etc...

You know what i mean ?

LAN >>> Internet

Forever.

mizudg

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Kerrigan wrote:LAN >>> Internet

Forever.

But no, really. What is gaming to me? Erm.. let's say there was a period in my life when I was lonely as nobody can ever be and I literally had nothing to do or no one to go out with. Then by complete accident my current best friend found me on Skype and instead of ignoring me or anything of such, he invited me to play some SAmp. That's how I found out a couple of friends in my class were actually gaming rather secretly and my everyday became brighter with these new friends. I can't say the saved me from the loneliness but to this day, the sole reason why I keep gaming is because they introduced me to the wonderful world of Online games. I prefer to play them in LAN for the same reasons that Kerrigan touched on - Being in the same place, sharing drinks and snacks, etc. I especially love it when my best friend brings his 360 over and we have Mortal Kombat matches or Soul Calibur lols. In general, I love gaming since an early age and like almost any boy exposed to the wonders of games from early age, I too want to one day make a game of my own, but sadly I dropped that idea a long time ago since I wouldn't want to become a part of a global gaming market conglomerate that forces me and my team to push out DLC or act retarded and not answer to the community in need. I guess that Indie is an option there but I wouldn't count on it as reliable, since the money support from a bigger company is always better. If anyone, I'd love to work for VALVe one day and to have just a regular job of following the forums would be more than enough for me. <3 VALVe and especially Gaben for the best PC experience I have had to date with the HL franchise :lol: (in terms of story since graphics became overused in buying decisions these days but with Source 2 we'll see a whole new light)

Kerrigan

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:24 am

mizudg wrote:<3 VALVe and especially Gaben for the best PC experience I have had to date with the HL franchise (in terms of story since graphics became overused in buying decisions these days but with Source 2 we'll see a whole new light)

I'm still very grateful to Valve because Gabe is one of the last people who offers a real offline mode within Steam.

Discobug
Location:The moon, enjoying tea with Han Solo while Captain Picard uses a jetpack.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Kerrigan wrote:
mizudg wrote:<3 VALVe and especially Gaben for the best PC experience I have had to date with the HL franchise (in terms of story since graphics became overused in buying decisions these days but with Source 2 we'll see a whole new light)

I'm still very grateful to Valve because Gabe is one of the last people who offers a real offline mode within Steam.

And now lets discuss why origami is total bullschitt.

HydroMoon

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Lan FTW much much fun with friends(BF2 was really awesome), as for online i like to play coop with VOIP.
It's really sad how almost all great games has no lan support except Valve games <3.

Return to “Game Discussion”