WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Bruce Lee
EA Shutting Down BF2 Servers

Sat May 17, 2014 6:15 am

Hi All,
I just read a few articles on the inet that stated EA will be shutting down their servers for BF2 and a bunch of other old games on June 30th, 2014. Although BFBC2 wasn't mentioned, surely it will be on the chopping block soon since EA shuts down support for all old titles sooner or later. Probably would be a good time for players to spam the web about the nexus client and possibly pick up some BC2 fans who weren't aware of it.
~Nexus FTW...long live BC2, lol~

P.S. I apologize if somebody has already posted about this topic, moderators please delete if that's the case.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

WarBeast-GT-

Re: EA Shutting Down BF2 Servers

Sat May 17, 2014 9:41 am

You can still play with workarounds.

mizudg

Sat May 17, 2014 10:19 am

People who're interested in playing BC2 will find this without the need to "spam the web". Just like those who wanted to play Battlefront 2 have long since found about GameRanger and others of the same kind (Lan fixes, etc).

Bruce Lee

Sat May 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi again Mizu,
I'm not sure what the point of your awkwardly antagonistic interjection was but it was interesting in any case. Anyway, I think that the benign intention of my initial post is self evident and with some simple logic one can deduce that people still using the official BC2 servers would fall into one of two categories:
1. They know about the nexus client but don't want to use it.
2. They don't use the nexus client because they don't know it exists.
Since EA shuts down all the servers for their old titles sooner or later (a point made more immediate for BC2 fans owing to the recent announcements) it is highly likely that there will soon be a spike in disenfranchised BC2 fans seeking an alternative to the official servers.
In other words, advertisement of the nexus client is likely to find players interested in using it due to the imminent threat of EA withdrawing official server support.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

mizudg

Sat May 17, 2014 3:53 pm

See, this is where you're wrong. BC2 Doesn't use GameSpy..

Bruce Lee

Sat May 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Wow Mizu,
Please don't take offense because I realize that there may be some misunderstanding on your part due to english not being your native language, but you might want to read my posts a little more carefully. What I said has nothing to do with GameSpy, rather it has to do with the likely withdrawal of EA server support soon for BFBC2 since they are in the process of discarding old titles.

Kerrigan

Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 pm

GameSpy only affects Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 2. BFBC 2 multiplayer is coordinated by Plasma and Theater.
GameSpy servers doesn't have anything to do with BFBC2 servers...

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sat May 17, 2014 4:55 pm

If BC2 gets shut down the same amount of time after its release like BF2 we still have until 2019.
There used to be a signature here.

Kerrigan

Sat May 17, 2014 4:57 pm

With NoFaTe having his servers we have a longer amount of time than 2019.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sat May 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Kerrigan wrote:With NoFaTe having his servers we have a longer amount of time than 2019.

Honestly, I do not think so. At some point he will get a job, or get bored of it. Maybe other circumstances make him quit his position as admin of EN. If no one, including kiwi, is able/willing to take over his job and also pay the servers etc.

Until 2019 it is five years. A lot can change in that time.
There used to be a signature here.

Return to “General Discussion”