WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
PC Freezes from time to time when left idle

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 pm

And when I say "idle", I mean not touching the mouse or Keyboard for a while. This wouldn't be such a big problem, except it's getting the way of my controller-enabled games such as DMC4, Splinter Cell BL, Assassin's Creed and so many others. When I checked the processes and performance every time this occurs, there is nothing out of the ordinary and the issue started about 2 days ago (since a new Windows Update I noticed). Anyone know of anything or had such an issue themselves at one point? I'd love to get an answer since most google searches proved pointless (people get it fixed at random by not doing a thing) and I really wanna find a fix for 8.1 if there is an issue that needs fixing on the software side... I have scanned my PC and all that stuff, I know how to manage it but if all else fails, I Will do a complete re-install I'm afraid (IF IT IS SOFTWARE-SIDED).

Oh, and if anyone knows whether or not the update is causing it, do tell me how to fix that (uninstall the thing or something. Thanks in advance)

beastybell

Re: PC Freezes from time to time when left idle

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:08 pm

If you are with NVIDIA, the drivers might be the problem, either go back to 314.22 and test or go to the latest one 332.21 , if this does not help....I don't know. :roll:

mizudg

Re: PC Freezes from time to time when left idle

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:55 pm

It's not the drivers. I was already at the latest one (you mentioned). HOWEVER, I did a manual recovery to 3 days ago and the issue seems to have wandered off.. to anyone else with this problem, I can only advise you to do the same as I couldn't find any other sign of what could be causing it. Just hope you have the back-ups (I had one for the past 7 days :D)

Return to “General Discussion”