WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Sammuel
Re: Creating a Multiplayer AAA" Game

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:05 am

lol yes yes, however thats what im trying to make :P

There would be me as "leader" of the project & so far SquaredX has said he/she has some C# skills & may be able to do some level design.

I have worked with the Unity engine for a while (about 1-2 years) & know my way around i have some C# knowledge and know some python also fluent in HTML/CSS etc...

So far thats 2 three if you join. ;)

Also what we could use is someone who knows there way around Autodesk 3ds :idea:
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

Imposter

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:45 pm

Heh, I cannot join officially, but I can help out here and there if you are stuck. Regarding 3DSMAX, I learnt it in school, not good at it though.

Sammuel

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 am

Switched over to Cryengine as its much farther along the development stage than Unity 3D.

Working on a large map (BF style)

(med res --- ultra or high makes my GPU crash) :lol:

Debating whether or not to have it day or night....

(lighting :P )

ill upload more pics if anyone wants them.

zesty

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:34 am

This is pretty awesome, anyway I wish you can gather enough people and make it happens.

10/10 would vote it on Steam Greenlight ;)

RobbingHood

Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

The pictures look impreesive indeed, but the night mode is just too dark (Captain Obvious, I know).
Also the trees seem to be really regularly aligned, but maybe that's just because of the bird's-eye view.

aXeSwY

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Please make so much graphic options so that peoples with midrang GPU's can play

EsLy

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't want to be nasty but apparently :
At this point, its pointless to try to release an indie game with CE3's SDK since it does not have the ability to 'package' everything into a game. Basically, everyone could access your maps, assets,etc. What you can do, is make the game, go for crowd funding and obtain a license with it.
Horus_ (crydev.net)

You should use UDK ! ;)

mizudg

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:10 pm

EsLy wrote:I don't want to be nasty but apparently :
At this point, its pointless to try to release an indie game with CE3's SDK since it does not have the ability to 'package' everything into a game. Basically, everyone could access your maps, assets,etc. What you can do, is make the game, go for crowd funding and obtain a license with it.
Horus_ (crydev.net)

You should use UDK ! ;)

RealityMod are making Project Reality 2 (originally a BF2 modification) with CryEngine so I'm guessing there's most likely something to do it. UDK is too common. Tbh, despite its capabilities, it will never achieve what CryEngine can do (if anyone got the joke with, I congratulate you).

Sammuel

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:34 am

EsLy wrote:I don't want to be nasty but apparently :
Horus_ (crydev.net)

You should use UDK ! ;)

Ew. no. :lol:

AXESWY wrote:Please make so much graphic options so that peoples with midrang GPU's can play

my current GPU is not high-end so it should be "ok"

RobbingHood wrote:The pictures look impreesive indeed, but the night mode is just too dark (Captain Obvious, I know).
Also the trees seem to be really regularly aligned, but maybe that's just because of the bird's-eye view.

Hmm. Ill add some indirect lighting & perhaps throw up a youtube video. :)

zesty wrote:This is pretty awesome, anyway I wish you can gather enough people and make it happens.

10/10 would vote it on Steam Greenlight ;)

Thanks! :D

What i need most at the moment is someone who knows there way around the innards of Cryengine 3.4 or 3.5. :idea:

Sammuel

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:47 am

Just wanted to know what the definition of "good" frame rate the general pubic has; at the moment it runs on High (not ultra) @29 - 35 fps on a AMD radeon HD 5700 (2009 GPU)

Return to “General Discussion”