WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Sammuel
Creating a Multiplayer AAA" Game

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:08 am

After reading Kerrigan's post about EA & those other annoying corperations I was thinking.. Why cant we as the public make a AAA quality game? The result we can!

So.. Anyone here want to help make a multiplayer 3rd person /1st person game in the Unity 3D engine there would not be a "leader" it would be community driven & steered unlike EA.

Currently I'm making a map that resembles Isla Inocentes from Rome.

All the assets for a rather good game seem to be available on the asset store; however i have not seen all of them compiled into a really good project yet & with the great community that appears to be on this board i feel theirs real potential for a rather good game to be produced.

Some good materials that I'm referring too & have:

Terrain Composer

Relief Terrain Pack v3

Fracturing & Destruction

& the multiplayer aspect can be achieved with many other different methods.

If this happens the project would be in Unity 4.3.2 Pro (i can supply that & the assets above too people who want to help)

Sammuel, Out.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

SquaredX

Re: Creating a Multiplayer AAA" Game

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:13 am

Hmm I'd be interested in helping out! I currently have Unity 4.3.0 Free (Can't drop 1k on pro right now :( ), and I have no projects to work on so i'm getting quite bored :P

Sammuel

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 am

SquaredX wrote:Hmm I'd be interested in helping out! I currently have Unity 4.3.0 Free (Can't drop 1k on pro right now :( ), and I have no projects to work on so i'm getting quite bored :P

PM sent.

mizudg

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:48 am

Just a tip... use bit.ly links instead of actual links in your URLs because it converts them with the word filter (Bettlefold) and they become 404 invalid

Sammuel

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:57 am

mizudg wrote:Just a tip... use bit.ly links instead of actual links in your URLs because it converts them with the word filter (Bettlefold) and they become 404 invalid

Good point, ill make sure i do that in the future.

zesty

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:39 am

I don't know if I should post this but still I'm curious about it.
So I'm wondering if This is the project you're currently working on?

Sammuel

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:02 am

zesty wrote:I don't know if I should post this but still I'm curious about it.
So I'm wondering if This is the project you're currently working on?

No thats not my project; however it is a extremely good one.

Im just starting mine :lol:

Imposter

Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 am

Hey there,

I am currently working on my own game in Unity for a school project, based on flight, I think I can help out sometime when this semester ends (in around one month). It shouldn't be too hard to code. ;) One thing that is key, is organization, and it won't happen without a strong and willing leader. So if you are planning such a project, I recommend either you be the leader, or get a trusted member/person to do it.

Thanks,
Imposter

Sammuel

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:35 am

Imposter wrote:Hey there,

I am currently working on my own game in Unity for a school project, based on flight, I think I can help out sometime when this semester ends (in around one month). It shouldn't be too hard to code. ;) One thing that is key, is organization, and it won't happen without a strong and willing leader. So if you are planning such a project, I recommend either you be the leader, or get a trusted member/person to do it.

Thanks,
Imposter

Great!

I'm going to work on creating some scene's with destructible content & possibly get around to making a FPS controller later on. :)

Imposter

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:10 am

Sammuel wrote:
Imposter wrote:Hey there,

Thanks,
Imposter

Great!

I'm going to work on creating some scene's with destructible content & possibly get around to making a FPS controller later on. :)

But you haven't got a team! D:
Organization is key!

Return to “General Discussion”