WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
[Solved] Suggestions on PC Upgrade - videocard

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:40 pm

So I currently have a:

GTX550 Ti 1GB DDR5
FX6100 6x 3,3GHz cores (Not OC)
8 Gigs of DDR3 Ram (1666)
PSU of 600W
And motherboard doesn't really matter

But since my GTX550 is getting rather old, I was thinking of selling it for half it's current price and buying an ATI card to work better with my ATI Processor (Duh). I need advice on something that would be reasonable and good, not talking about $1000 here or even $500. Something around the 200-250 might suffice depending on the store's offer for my GTX550. I was thinking of a 7850 though I thought it's better for someone else to give me an advice here since it's gonna be one of "those" investitions. (I am Bulgarian so I don't get many chances to gather up money for long or in big amounts). Expect to see some answers and thanks in advance :)
Last edited by mizudg on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Svet

Re: Suggestions on PC Upgrade - videocard | Help "kinda" nee

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:52 pm

HD7950 (I saw it for 250$ in newegg) or GTX760.

RobbingHood

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Herp or Derp
2nd is the 2GB OC version of the 7850. You can get the 1GB non-OC for 134€.

Also, you will get some free games with those:
http://www.mindfactory.de/Highlights/AM ... _Up/ref/CR

Or, the Nvidia alternative: http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info. ... tail-.html
Not sure if I would recommend this, though ( Haven't heard much about it )

PS: Prices may vary depending on your local reseller :D

mizudg

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Svet wrote:HD7950 (I saw it for 250$ in newegg) or GTX760.

ATI Processor would work better with an ATI Card. I'd get an Nvidia one but alas... I've heard it'll be better if I got an ATI

mizudg

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:18 pm

RobbingHood wrote:Herp or Derp
2nd is the 2GB OC version of the 7850. You can get the 1GB non-OC for 134€.

Also, you will get some free games with those:
http://www.mindfactory.de/Highlights/AM ... _Up/ref/CR

Or, the Nvidia alternative: http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info. ... tail-.html
Not sure if I would recommend this, though ( Haven't heard much about it )

PS: Prices may vary depending on your local reseller :D

I don't get any free games here in Bulgaria because... it's Bulgaria first of all and second, here's the site that I am purchasing them off (if I may in fact put it here, this is in no way advertisement or such)

http://mostbg.com/most/PriceList.aspx

I can guess that Svet is going to confirm since he's also Bulgarian that money here is always short and I'd love to get the 7950 but if you just look up the 7850 in the prices, which one would you pick? If it's a problem to post it here, we could use PM on the forums, Battlelog or whatever else you want

P.S. - I am looking for something that's better than what I currently have and that's - 1 GB DDR5 with 192 bits so in other words - I am looking for a 2GB with 256 bits at a reasonable price from that site if possible. Again, thanks in advance
Last edited by mizudg on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobbingHood

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:19 pm

mizudg wrote:ATI Processor would work better with an ATI Card. I'd get an Nvidia one but alas... I've heard it'll be better if I got an ATI

So, you were really serious when saying that? :shock:
First of all, there is no ATi. It's AMD since 2007 :)
It's a really old myth that AMD CPUs work better with AMD GPUs... Doesn't matter at all.

But considering your budget, AMD might still be the better choice.

When using your site (which is, btw, ugly as fuck :mrgreen: ), I'd pick this 7850:
http://mostbg.com/most/Item.aspx?itemid=46630

Alternatively, get the Asus Direct CU II 2GB ( 2nd choice ).

Svet

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:26 pm

I don't know....
I don't think that it's the perfect time to buy new GPU, because "AMD" are on their way to announce their HD8000 series.... (the revenge of GTX700 series) and this HD7950 will be "very" old..... So be patient and you will be able to have some buy something new and gather some money ;)

mizudg

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:30 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
mizudg wrote:ATI Processor would work better with an ATI Card. I'd get an Nvidia one but alas... I've heard it'll be better if I got an ATI

So, you were really serious when saying that? :shock:
First of all, there is no ATi. It's AMD since 2007 :)
It's a really old myth that AMD CPUs work better with AMD GPUs... Doesn't matter at all.

But considering your budget, AMD might still be the better choice.

When using your site (which is, btw, ugly as fuck :mrgreen: ), I'd pick this 7850:
http://mostbg.com/most/Item.aspx?itemid=46630

Alternatively, get the Asus Direct CU II 2GB ( 2nd choice ).

I am not buying from that site. That site is actually what the hardware sellers in my country buy their stuff from. Regardless, the product you chose is actually the same one I had stopped on. I actually need this upgrade to possibly run constant 60 fps on BF3 since from time to time it drops to 40 and 50 and you might be thinking this is not a big deal but the lag that comes from a 20 frames drop is still bad. I could play the game at a constant but sometimes, in both big and small battles there is just weird lags which I tried fixing and aren't being fixed. Same goes for Planetside 2 and so many other games I'm dying to play without drops. I'll see how much the guys I am buying from will give me for the 550 and from there it will all follow. Still though, I'd like for this post (if possible) to get a bit more attention in the span of the next few days and possibly more people come with more arguments to give advice. And that "Myth" by the way kinda does exist for Intel processors and ATI cards but still, you can never be too sure when you are making a costly investition. Like I said earlier, just ask Svet, he can confirm that both salaries and taxes here are insane and hard to live by with the current ones. I guess kinda the reason why there's a small unarmed "revolution" going on in our country too.. and the fact that most of our ministers are idiots. Won't someone just conquer us already..

mizudg

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Svet wrote:I don't know....
I don't think that it's the perfect time to buy new GPU, because "AMD" are on their way to announce their HD8000 series.... (the revenge of GTX700 series) and this HD7950 will be "very" old..... So be patient and you will be able to have some buy something new and gather some money ;)

I got the whole Summer so I will probably be going out but once the next school year starts for me, my architect "training" and tons of unneeded educations I bestowed upon my own head out of stupidity will have me playing even less. So in other words, if I don't buy it this Summer, I might have to wait 'till the next or at least until The Spring vacation that comes in the start of April

Svet

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 pm

mizudg wrote:Like I said earlier, just ask Svet, he can confirm that both salaries and taxes here are insane and hard to live by with the current ones. I guess kinda the reason why there's a small unarmed "revolution" going on in our country too.. and the fact that most of our ministers are idiots. Won't someone just conquer us already..

Man fuck the government and the system!
So my suggestion in this moment is to wait ;)

Return to “General Discussion”