WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Evil666
Fight for VU Project future!

Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi!

Sorry my bad English, I native Russian... :oops:

I watching project so long time, but current state I don't like. I few weeks join VU in random time, but every time all servers is empty! WTF is that? Developers do and done very big and hard work, but project is slowly dying. We need change that and I'll show you how.

Our first and mean priority task at now, is get big online activity in VU in every weekend :!:

So, follow next tips: :arrow:

1) After this day EVERY weekend is event! Every every every (every) Saturday and Sunday we all play VU together, you need know that and joint it!

2) ok, you join server, it empty? Ok, wrap game, but don't close! Go, watch youtube or read book, but every ~20min open game and see does any body join it or not.

3) Admins PLEASE create official VU squad in BF3 Battlelog :!: Everyone pls join it and set their (VU) tag on your soldier!

4) Main problem VU Project is a lot of BF3 players doesn't know about VU. So please set your profile status something like:
join BF3 VU Project (future of BF3) on this weekend! Follow: **goo.gl/link**
- **goo.gl/*link** -- is shorted link by google shorter to this (or some like this) post or post in Battlefield Forum about VU topic what show what VU is and has link to this or some post in P.S. section

5) Additional: you can add to your avatar VU symbols.

6) :!: :!: :!: If you can, announce VU project in Battlefield Forum in your language zone. Write and create big topic about what VU is it, attach few youtube videos about it and video how install and start using VU, than you need invite everyone to join VU in nearest weekend. Players who don't know what VU is, after reading your announce should be interested.
Also, in P.S. section add link to this or some post and title it like "how can you contribute to VU Project"
*I'll try write template of post in BF Forum* or if everyone another do that, it'll be nice and good contribution to VU future.

7) Donate VU Project developers! They done big job and all work very good and it free for all, but we live in hard time and all of us need money, don't be greedy and thank them if you're love VU and believe to their Project :)

---

Please, if you native English, rewrite this post without mistakes, 'cuase I understand, this post shock grammar English guys :D

P.S. You know what s** BF Hardline is, you see what s** BF1 is. Yes, BF4 good (personal for me, it too easy (40x scopes and rangefinder in sniper rifles!), war game for kids), but it hasn't future, 'cause developers need sell to you newer and newer BF games.
But BF3 VU allow anyone expand game and BF3 can be best BF game ever and by expanding it never gets old, if community be active.

Taurus0815

Re: Fight for VU Project future!

Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Hi,

I think the biggest problem is that there is no really reason to play VU instead of Vanilla BF3.
Because of Mod Tools. If you could create new content, VU would get more attractive.

That´s my opinion and the reason why I play Vanilla BF.

regards,
Taurus

Evil666

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Taurus0815 wrote:I think the biggest problem is that there is no really reason to play VU instead of Vanilla BF3.
Because of Mod Tools. If you could create new content, VU would get more attractive.

Mod features is available like I know. I saw a lot of gameplay videos on servers which running with mods.

I create unofficial Venice Unleashed platoon in Battlelog.

Everyone is welcome, follow link and join it! :

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ru/platoon/2955065250769482604/

RaphiTouffeuh

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:37 pm

I agree !!
We need VU to be more known !

capitansolo

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:23 pm

I will join the group but we need some news about nofate

kiwidog

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:02 pm

capitansolo wrote:I will join the group but we need some news about nofate

He is alive and well. Busy, but alive.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Evil666

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:32 am

kiwidog wrote:
capitansolo wrote:I will join the group but we need some news about nofate

He is alive and well. Busy, but alive.

Hi. Like you know, PS3/xbox360 version of BF3 has integrated voice chat (like BF4 has). Are it possible enable it on BF3 VU? I think it be in game files, but disabled by developers with unknown reasons (like "Hot Coffee" in GTA SA).

Integrated voice squad chat can be one of most awesome things in VU

kiwidog

Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:14 pm

This has been covered before, the VOIP in BF3 for PC was completely stripped out (not disabled). We will be implementing our own solution in time.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

3ti65

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:24 pm

I had troubles reading the OPs post because the font was so small

:roll:

He's got a point nevertheless. I agree with kiwi though. No mods, no point in playing. At least for the majority. The few options that VU covers right now are neat, but not really a gamechanger.

utopiate

Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:21 am

Like the original poster I have been checking the progress of this project for literally 'years' now. I can appreciate the developers reluctance in providing any sort of roadmap or timetable but we are now on the cusp of 2017 with no real idea if or when this project will launch whether in be in full beta phase or not. I would love to run a couple of servers for it and promote it but the lack of any info has now well and truly crossed into the ridiculous. Maybe the ambitions were just too high? If this ever does get released will there even be any interest whatsoever? given the age of the game.
The expectation to be patient, courteous and grateful has been observed utterly but if honest has really worn thin. No news, no real activity in the forums, nothing. Should I just give up and delete?

Return to “General Discussion”