WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.

Lan

MasterJochen
Lan

Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:35 am

Ok i understand you have a lot of work with this project. But rebuilding ea´s nasty online masterserver to force the people to be online cant be it.

give us the good old lan servers back ea had stolen from us . like the bc2 master server emu.

Reirei

Re: Lan

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:17 pm

VIII. Will Venice Unleashed work in LAN mode anytime?
It is in consideration and will be added most likely in a revision after the 1.0 release. Keep in mind that offline multiplayer is not a high priority at the moment. It will be implemented when it's time for it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VeniceUnleashe ... questions/

RobbingHood

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:00 pm

LAN was confirmed to be implemented recently, however no ETA.

MasterJochen

Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:07 pm

yes dont get fooled if it works online (master server) it works offline as well. i heard this promisses before they will never come true. They should pack the master server in a file and give it as download that would be epic. i mean i understand they had the work and like to keep the people here cause as soon as they give away the master server everyone could host one in the internet as well cause the server doesent care if it runs in a lan or world wide. But dont get fooled by the words we will add it later, it would work allready. end of storry

RobbingHood

Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:17 pm

MasterJochen wrote:i heard this promisses before they will never come true

Then you surely don't mind me adding you to the list of people that won't be able to use LAN /s

MasterJochen

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:27 am

How ever with no comment on the other stuff you agreed thato it would work in lan allready. And if you ever release it it will be download able in somewhere. Cause lan means to me no Internet connection what so ever.:-)

saivert

Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:32 pm

what are you talking about? Only ancient games like CS 1.5 runs totally internet connection less. Almost all games these days have some form of DRM so the game has to be authenticated. And you can still connect to a local LAN server. I don't care if I have to connect to a master server somewhere else as long as the server is in the LAN. That ensures the low pings a proper LAN competitive match requires.

Return to “General Discussion”