WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TheTurkishMoose
Re: Tactical Battlefield Mod (Name is WIP)

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:39 pm

can bots be added in multiplayer maps
that will be awesome
i have seen a jackfrag video about dice running botts server and i spectated them myself and found some idiots moving like bots
that will be awesome to play with noob bots ;p atleast practice

I have already asked about the future prospect of bots but it does seem unlikely... but not impossible!

If it would be similar to PR i would def play it. I have long awaited PR to be used on frostbite.
Then I would have 3 great games to choose from, PR, this and squad.

I would definitely hope to make a game similar to PR but not identical

Nice ideia!
We need one mod like "Project Reality" do BF3! :D

Thanks - I think it could definitely bring a lot of attention is done right

At the moment, I'm just waiting for the devs of RIME and Venice Unleashed to release their awesome mod tools so I can get to work!

Anthony817

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:52 pm

I have played PR since about 2008, off and on over the years. I would REALLY love to see something similar done with this, it would for sure be much slower paced gameplay, but that is the fun in it, battles become way more tactical than ever before.

Personally, I am waiting for the inevitable WW2 mod to come out. That with the mechanics from your mod would be really awesome as well.

TheTurkishMoose

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:25 am

I have played PR since about 2008, off and on over the years. I would REALLY love to see something similar done with this, it would for sure be much slower paced gameplay, but that is the fun in it, battles become way more tactical than ever before.

Personally, I am waiting for the inevitable WW2 mod to come out. That with the mechanics from your mod would be really awesome as well.

Thank you! I know I'll most likely never be able to achieve the scope and scale of warfare that PR has (seeing as they have 4km maps). But a lot can definitely be achieved with the vanilla assets in the game. A smaller scale PR (with much better graphics and game play ;) )

DothWeed2142

Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:48 am

Seems like an infantry focused mod, and thats why its a no no

Flyza

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:15 am

TheTurkishMoose wrote:"Create the most intense, hardcore Battlefield experience..."
"No spawning on Flags, Vehicles or Squad mates - only at main base!"

What exactly is intense about running out of the base to a flag, you do realise some flags are about 800+ meters away from the base? And transportation is not always available. Also this would mean a farming heaven for choppers and jets on air maps.

TheTurkishMoose

Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:40 am

Seems like an infantry focused mod, and thats why its a no no

The mod will be focused on keeping the balance between all CAS, armour and inf. players

What exactly is intense about running out of the base to a flag, you do realise some flags are about 800+ meters away from the base? And transportation is not always available. Also this would mean a farming heaven for choppers and jets on air maps.

Yeh that's why you find ways to balance the game play by adding respawn delay to CAS and adding AA assets on main bases. The journey and spawn delays add dread to the thought of dying making the game much more intense. Also, killing an enemy and sending them back to base is a much better advantage than killing them and having them spawn right back on the flag or squad member in like 10 seconds. It's just pointless!

Return to “General Discussion”