WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
MAGIC
Your favourite maps + gamemodes

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi there,

Maybe you know it or not, but I host one server for VU. The issue here is that I have no idea which maps (and their corresponding gamemodes) are good or just worst. I played BF3 like 2h and thus I have no idea about all the maps (I know all gamemodes tho, but no experience about both).
So you can list your map+mode and maybe I will put it in the maprotation...

PetyaGoblin

Re: Your favourite maps + gamemodes

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Question: What's the name of your server?

These are kinda the most popular maps I came across while playing on servers, em usually tickets are set to very high, also sometimes there's some "Hardcore" servers, but they aren't as popular most times, but maybe for VU people might like them type of servers.

Conquest Large or Conquest
  • Caspian Border
  • Operation Métro
  • Noshahr Canals
  • Kharg Island
  • Seine Crossing
  • Talah Market
  • Operation Firestorm
Team Deathmatch most popular map is Noshahr Canals, due to it's size and just the way the map is built. Then Métro comes second I would say. Seine Crossing it's slowly dying I noticed, I haven't seen many servers with that map.

Team Deathmatch
  • Operation Métro
  • Noshahr Canals
  • Seine Crossing
Last edited by PetyaGoblin on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

***Useful Links***

Resin_Smoker

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Most of the close-quarters maps are really good for keeping a server busy. Best of all, unlike some of the other server modes its possible to have a decent match with as few as 6-8 players.

Beyond this, id strongly advise placing restrictions on vehicles. All too often a conquest match can easily become unbalenced by someone camping a heli or jet the entire round. Part of why is due to the fact that an oppontnet can be spotted from the air, thus making killing them from the air far easier then it should be.

Before i forget... Avoid Metro unless restrictions are in place for Nades / C4. Otherwise this map becomes a nade spam fest with no way to flank around or counter.

Cheers!

Resin
Last edited by Resin_Smoker on Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XuluniX

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:37 pm

I would like Operation Firestorm on Conquest or Conquest Large, but Kharg is fine too
Metro is just clusterfuck with nadespam

AnastasiyaAngel

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Depends on the other servers. When there's a air map server already focus on ground/inf. And the other way around. If there's no server running air/inf maps go for a rotation.

For example:

Air - Border cq, Kharg cq
Ground - Bazaar cq, Seine cq
Inf only - Metro cq, Noshahr tdm

MAGIC

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:14 pm

PetyaGoblin wrote:Question: What's the name of your server?

It's the [B3]FUNSERVER

Also thanks for your input, I changed the maprotation a bit. Also you can vote the next map with !votemap

Resin_Smoker

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Can un-sportman like players be voted off ?

MadbaLL

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:25 pm

imho, the best maps are from DLC packs "armored kill" and "end game". those are my favourites.

the one i hate the most is vanilla map noshahar canals. it's so like bad COD like map. hate it, simple as that.

Return to “General Discussion”