WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Darkseedling
Just to many hackers...

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Just to many hackers. What's the point in playing even. :(

RobbingHood

Re: Just to many hackers...

Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:05 pm

The point in playing right now is to help the developers fix major bugs.

Majnu

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:35 am

how about banning them?
I knew this would happen and some of the streams I watched today had hackers in them and the streamers left after a while due to frustration.

7:35
http://www.twitch.tv/barleyproz/v/33190146

I try so hard bringing in Twitch streamers to VU and I take it personally when they leave due to twats ruining the game. VU should NOT be a free pass for idiots banned on vanilla to ruin the game and beta experience.

l-NoNam3-l

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:06 am

Hi,

That server in the stream is the ZA Server that I administrate on. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the hacker problem on the server, but luckily (thanks to the stream) I will be looking at Procon more often.

Is there perhaps maybe a way I can get into contact with the streamer to give him my sincerest apologies for the inconvinience caused.

I will be more active on the server, any future (or current) hackers can be reported by emailing us at [email protected] or, for a faster way of dealing with hackers, come on teamspeak to talk with us @ ts.falkengaming.tk

Regards
l-NoNam3-l :)

Majnu

Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi

It's not your fault and this should have been something that should never happen in the first place. Not everyone can be there 24/7 to manage servers. Even though some of the suggestions I read on here to ban cheaters seem extreme they do get the job done so there needs to be a happy compromise somewhere.

When I play vanilla and suspect a hacker I quickly look at their stats and if they do have an aimbot/damage mod and if votekick is not enabled then I just leave the game. Unfortunately for VU there is no system and with no punkbuster there is no way of getting rid of the infestation.

Instead it is allowing it to grow once these hacking twats tell their mates it spreads. I've abandoned many great games because of hackers but hopefully by the time the game is released their will be a zero tolerance policy in place. Until then I'm out, sorry. :cry:

Resin_Smoker

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi

It's not your fault and this should have been something that should never happen in the first place. Not everyone can be there 24/7 to manage servers. Even though some of the suggestions I read on here to ban cheaters seem extreme they do get the job done so there needs to be a happy compromise somewhere.

When I play vanilla and suspect a hacker I quickly look at their stats and if they do have an aimbot/damage mod and if votekick is not enabled then I just leave the game. Unfortunately for VU there is no system and with no punkbuster there is no way of getting rid of the infestation.

Instead it is allowing it to grow once these hacking twats tell their mates it spreads. I've abandoned many great games because of hackers but hopefully by the time the game is released their will be a zero tolerance policy in place. Until then I'm out, sorry. :cry:

I know there are those that beleive that 1-2 day ban would encourage better behavior. Unfortunately, most hackers do it simply to chease off other players while crying foul anytime the Admin does take some form of action. Problem is here that the way that game accounts are managed makes it possible for someone to get away with bloody murder. Even if a hacker is removed for a temp / perma ban, odds are that they'll have multiple accounts with which to pepper the server with.

Until there is a realistic way to track a players account(s), then traditional anti-hack measures are at most a band-aid measure. I'd like to see a players account(s) tied to their HWID's / Router MAC address as more of a long term solution. Ideally should a hacker attempt to use another account their HWID or MAC would give them away, thus enforcing a ban becomes a whole lot easier. Now while the id's and MAC addresses can be spoofed, it should be said that a player can only login with the original ID's and MAC they registered with. Hence a hacker attempting to spoof an account would be easily detected as registered account doesn't match with what they're attempting to play with.

Resin
Last edited by Resin_Smoker on Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

l-NoNam3-l

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Resin,

I like the idea and I think it will really help, just remember to not throw the idea around in the public forms. If the hackers see the idea and how the ban system works then they can also see the weak links of the system and they know where to break it. Submit it to the developers and see what happens.

Majnu

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm sure you all know which site this is

Fucking want to find who these people are and punch them in the throat.

MAC addresses can already be spoofed
https://technitium.com/

Whatever the solution is, I hope it is good.

PetyaGoblin

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Majnu wrote:I'm sure you all know which site this is

Fucking want to find who these people are and punch them in the throat.

MAC addresses can already be spoofed
https://technitium.com/

Whatever the solution is, I hope it is good.

The question is what the hell were you doing there ;) (On that website)

***Useful Links***

Resin_Smoker

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:51 pm

l-NoNam3-l wrote:Resin,

I like the idea and I think it will really help, just remember to not throw the idea around in the public forms. If the hackers see the idea and how the ban system works then they can also see the weak links of the system and they know where to break it. Submit it to the developers and see what happens.

Well the "idea" wouldn't stop hacking but it would enforce a ban once a hacker was caught. Beyond this it should also be possible to script server side "mods" that can auto-profile players as well as detect unnatural behavior(s) associated with hacking. The great thing about a server side detection is that each server can have it's own variation or flavor of anti-hack measure. This would would make it much harder to defeat then Punk Buster's one size fits all solution.

Even with all the above, I'm all in favor of allowing vote kicks / bans but in a more realistic way...

Most servers with such a vote / kick system have the requirements set so high that a kick is all but impossible under normal game conditions. Please understand that servers which allow vote-kicking require a minimum number of votes from both teams, which is f'n ridiculous. Often, players on the same team as the suspected hacker are likely to support the hackers claim of innocence by not voting. Thus disrupting the vote to ensure that their side keeps an advantage for as long as possible. This can easily be corrected by allowing just the affected team to vote the suspected hacker off. Keep in mind that this is NOT a ban but rather a tool to steer hackers into better behavior, while simultaneously reporting said player to the admin for further review.

Currently none of the reporting takes place without allot of legwork and communication. Often the Admin will refuse to take action due to lack of tangible evidence. (How can you provide evidence unless your recording each and every match?) However with server-side modding it should be possible to record the match (Data / Video etc.) from the perspective of the suspected hacker and forward this along with the request to review this individual.

If that system were common place then hackers would be all but extinct in a short period of time.

Cheers!

Resin
Last edited by Resin_Smoker on Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”