WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
PetyaGoblin
Re: Just to many hackers...

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:01 pm

Resin_Smoker wrote:
Well my "idea" wouldn't stop hacking but it would enforce a ban once a hacker was caught. Beyond this it should be possible to script server side "mods" can can profile a player as well as detect unnatural behavior(s) associated with hacking. The great thing about a server side detection is that each server can have it's own variation or flavor of anti-hack measure. This would would make it much harder to defeat then Punk Buster's one size fits all.

I really like the idea of server-side anti-cheat, servers being able have it's own way of dealing with cheaters/hackers. Really nice idea.

***Useful Links***

Resin_Smoker

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Majnu wrote:
MAC addresses can already be spoofed
https://technitium.com/

Whatever the solution is, I hope it is good.

Yeah but the idea is that changing the MAC would prohibit you from joining a match. Hence spoofing the MAC would be all but pointless.

Resin

PetyaGoblin

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:21 pm

Majnu wrote:

Looking at this image, we see that this. cheater/hacker has had his/her account made in jun 2013. By the looks, it's still being used today :D Just shows that Cheaters/Hackers they won't stop cheating in games.

***Useful Links***

Resin_Smoker

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:24 pm

PetyaGoblin wrote:
Looking at this image, we see that this. cheater/hacker has had his/her account made in jun 2013. By the looks, it's still being used today :D Just shows that Cheaters/Hackers they won't stop cheating in games.

I'm all for sending a nice friendly hit-man over to touch base with this individual... :twisted:

PetyaGoblin

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:52 pm

Resin_Smoker wrote:
PetyaGoblin wrote:

I'm all for sending a nice friendly hit-man over to touch base with this individual... :twisted:

I would help you with that :D

Spectator mode is another great tool for admins to see, how the player plays and see if they are cheating.

***Useful Links***

Majnu

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:41 am

PetyaGoblin wrote:
Majnu wrote:I'm sure you all know which site this is

Fucking want to find who these people are and punch them in the throat.

The question is what the hell were you doing there ;) (On that website)

Downloading hacks obviously :roll:

and if you go on that site then you can see that some the site Admins and devs from here are there too, does that mean they cheat also?

llTheGOOSE

Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Majnu wrote:
PetyaGoblin wrote:
Majnu wrote:I'm sure you all know which site this is

Fucking want to find who these people are and punch them in the throat.

The question is what the hell were you doing there ;) (On that website)

Downloading hacks obviously :roll:

and if you go on that site then you can see that some the site Admins and devs from here are there too, does that mean they cheat also?

Probably Just keeping in touch with the latest and greatest Aimbots to keep these servers clean.

But, back on Topic. Just came out of The Aussie TDM server where a dude accused me of cheating, then turned them on himself. Guy had it all, aimbot and wallhack, plus some damage mod. Clip I'm uploading now (which I will link in here) shows him double slash kill me with a knife in less than a second. Very suss, not sure I'd want this to be a recurring thing.

Just a thought, If someone is caught cheating with evidence, could their Nexus account be permabanned by IP and MAC? That could certainly help prevent hacking in the community.

EDIT: The aforementioned Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMIUiy ... e=youtu.be

Mute64

Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:37 pm

llTheGOOSE wrote:
Probably Just keeping in touch with the latest and greatest Aimbots to keep these servers clean.

But, back on Topic. Just came out of The Aussie TDM server where a dude accused me of cheating, then turned them on himself. Guy had it all, aimbot and wallhack, plus some damage mod. Clip I'm uploading now (which I will link in here) shows him double slash kill me with a knife in less than a second. Very suss, not sure I'd want this to be a recurring thing.

Just a thought, If someone is caught cheating with evidence, could their Nexus account be permabanned by IP and MAC? That could certainly help prevent hacking in the community.

EDIT: The aforementioned Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMIUiy ... e=youtu.be

I was also in the server at the same time and can defiantly confirm the use of hacks. Will have shadowplay on in the future to record more evidence if needed.

X3RX35

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:33 pm

llTheGOOSE wrote:Just a thought, If someone is caught cheating with evidence, could their Nexus account be permabanned by IP and MAC?

IP BANS !?! In a world where ipv4 addresses are exhausted, dynamically assigned and sometimes even shared?
Or MAC addresses... Which are NOT unique, very very easy to change, 1) hex editing the firmware (of the nic) 2) changing a driver setting 3) changing it directly in the kernel of the OS aka spoofing.

The devs will probably use something harder to change like the serial of the CPU, motherboard, boot drive, gfx card,...
Although this still can be spoofed, but its much harder and most noobs fill fail.

BTW as server admin UC is a very nice source of development of the cheats, but also the code snippets can be useful ^^

Reirei

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 pm

X3RX35 wrote:
llTheGOOSE wrote:Just a thought, If someone is caught cheating with evidence, could their Nexus account be permabanned by IP and MAC?

IP BANS !?! In a world where ipv4 addresses are exhausted, dynamically assigned and sometimes even shared?
Or MAC addresses... Which are NOT unique, very very easy to change, 1) hex editing the firmware (of the nic) 2) changing a driver setting 3) changing it directly in the kernel of the OS aka spoofing.

The devs will probably use something harder to change like the serial of the CPU, motherboard, boot drive, gfx card,...
Although this still can be spoofed, but its much harder and most noobs fill fail.

BTW as server admin UC is a very nice source of development of the cheats, but also the code snippets can be useful ^^

There is already a thread about that : http://forums.veniceunleashed.net/viewt ... =11&t=5730

Return to “General Discussion”