WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Uncle_McNuts
needs more cowlick

Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:30 pm

hi with the amount of popularity given to you by jackfrags and other youtubers why haven't you allowed everyone to make a server them selves, it seems odd to me that when you go into open beta testing you only have like 6 servers running, is there a logistical issue involved or something else? if this isn't the case and all it is is my server files messing up then forget this but yeah seems odd that you sort off just threw away all this publicity, also that false virus thing is probably killing you guys for new people income, shy'd me off till i realized it was a false alert.

RobbingHood

Re: needs more cowlick

Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:24 am

About servers: It's easier for the developers to fix issues when they have full access to the servers that are online. If there are 20 new servers popping up, people wouldn't join the devs' servers and debugging becomes harder.

About the virus alert: We're aware and samples have been sent to the responsible authorities. That's all we can do right now since the nature of VU triggers a lot of scanners.

Uncle_McNuts

Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:29 am

fair point, but seeing as you have no servers for australasia region it sorta makes the people from the regions like me suffer with a 300+ ping

MAGIC

Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:10 am

Uncle_McNuts wrote:fair point, but seeing as you have no servers for australasia region it sorta makes the people from the regions like me suffer with a 300+ ping

Since the devs are mainly living in EU, nobody has an Australian server

kiwidog

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:29 am

We know the great need for Aus servers since you guys are so far away, but we rather give you working servers than one's you have to police every few hours and restart when they crash... We are working on resolving all of the issues with the servers and client crashes, and will announce when they are resolved. (We have fixed quite a few bugs in the last few days).
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Uncle_McNuts

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:31 pm

fair point again, i guess i'll have to suffer lol

carnij

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:03 am

I agree we need Aussie servers.

Return to “General Discussion”