WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Chase_UC
Regarding Punkbuster

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Alright, so I'm one of those unfortunate people who can't play BF3 "normally" because PB decides to kick me for "no packet flow" so I have to use a VPN to play on servers (and you can imagine how terrible that is).

After searching around on the forum, I found out that VU "will not use PB" according to some posts from March 2015 and that it will have it's own anti cheat system. Is this still true? Can I install Venice Unleashed and play BF3 without getting kicked by stupid Punkbuster?

Also, I watched Jackfrags' video and he said that when using VU you don't connect to official EA severs, what does that mean for the playerbase? Does that mean that all of the BF3 servers on Battlelog are gonna be inaccessible?

Happy New Year, by the way. :P

vDefinia

Re: Regarding Punkbuster

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Also, I watched Jackfrags' video and he said that when using VU you don't connect to official EA severs, what does that mean for the playerbase? Does that mean that all of the BF3 servers on Battlelog are gonna be inaccessible?

What it means is you can only connect to servers that have been created for VU, so no, you can't get anywhere near public servers as most likely you would be perma banned instantyl for using a modified client.

Reirei

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:31 pm

The Venice Unleashed is independent of Battlelog working with own master server storing its user base and then being impossible to use the official servers to play.

Currently in beta, there is no implemented anticheat service and what was reported the PB should not be adopted.

With the current open beta season, you could easily install the client and check its conditions relative to anti-cheat.

Chase_UC

Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:35 pm

Reirei wrote:The Venice Unleashed is independent of Battlelog working with own master server storing its user base and then being impossible to use the official servers to play.

Currently in beta, there is no implemented anticheat service and what was reported the PB should not be adopted.

With the current open beta season, you could easily install the client and check its conditions relative to anti-cheat.
The fact that PB isn't present atm makes me so happy, lol.

Also, I'm guessing that since VU doesn't rely on EA servers, the current playerbase is really small. Is there a way to see how many people are currently playing during the Open Beta testing period?

Reirei

Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:11 pm

The only publicly available statistics are those of enlistment and who infographic was taken down: http://blog.nofate.me/?p=121

VU did not seek to become popular at the moment, at this stage there is not much to show but to solve. When they get available for every public, I believe that there will come a large mass of users due to the possibility of hosting your own server and create your own mods.

Chase_UC

Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Wouldn't be surprised. After all, the BF community has been wanting mod support from DICE for a long time and now that BF3 has mod support it'l surely attract a lot of attention.

Oh, also, the Venice Unleashed client acts as a server browser (from what I read). Does it include most of Battlelogs features like soldier customization, progression, etc or will that come at a later date?

I'm currently redownloading BF3 just to test out VU, I'm hoping that I can provide some feedback regarding bugs and stuff.

Reirei

Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Yeap, the client has a server browser.

Of the Battlelog functions only the most important will be implemented in the future.

To keep up to date, i recommend you look at the topics of Announcements and Blog forums and watch some videos.

Chase_UC

Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Reirei wrote:Yeap, the client has a server browser.

Of the Battlelog functions only the most important will be implemented in the future.

To keep up to date, i recommend you look at the topics of Announcements and Blog forums and watch some videos.
Alright, I sure will, thanks for the help, really appreciated it :D

Return to “General Discussion”