WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Majnu
Some observations - Opinions

Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:21 am

Is it just me or can you no longer bunny hop in VU? I tried it a few times on a flat terrain and when I hop the character comes down with a thud and loses his momentum. Is this intentional?

Additionally does anyone find that the flight handling has changed. Choppers handle like they are carrying an elephant and are not as quick to turn.

I do find that the performance is brilliant though. For some reason I get no CPU spikes and fluctuations unlike in BF3 vanilla which makes for an overall smooth gameplay experience

Vanilla

VU

RobbingHood

Re: Some observations - Opinions

Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Might be related to higher tickrates. Do you remember on what tickrate you played (30Hz, 60Hz, 120Hz)?

Majnu

Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:24 pm

No idea which one it was.

Normally there is a watermark on the top right of the screen showing the server tick rate. I will make a note next time but I do remember once I loaded the client I had to restart as it said there was a mismatch or something along those lines.

faddn

Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Probably 120 hz.
Been running a 120 hz server lately.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:35 am

Physics are still a little different on high frequency servers. Vehicles should behave the same though. I'll try later to see if it's an issue with VU in general or just highfreq. Unless NoFaTe or kiwi are faster than me :p
There used to be a signature here.

Majnu

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:55 pm

There was some kind of client update today and it has made performance worse for me. Hitching all the time now

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Majnu wrote:There was some kind of client update today and it has made performance worse for me. Hitching all the time now

All the updates that were pushed today were bugfixes and various changes to the UI.
Nothing in these changes could have possibly degraded performance, so what you're experiencing is probably a local issue.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:18 pm

I tested your observations regarding the Chopper and indeed it seems like handling is different in VU. It doesn't feel like the physics are changed but rather like the vehicle sensitivity in VU is lower by default for some reason. But I'm not completely sure.
There used to be a signature here.

Majnu

Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:08 am

NoFaTe wrote:
Majnu wrote:There was some kind of client update today and it has made performance worse for me. Hitching all the time now

All the updates that were pushed today were bugfixes and various changes to the UI.
Nothing in these changes could have possibly degraded performance, so what you're experiencing is probably a local issue.

Ok think I figured out what was causing the problem for me which was Geforce experience. I will know for certain if there are a couple of people in the server as to whether the problem has been completely eliminated.

I've uninstalled it now and it ran fine. I have switched to OBS that also doesn't cause any spikes.

Is it possible that you can change the map in the rotation to something other than Metro conquest? Talaha market conquest/tdm or Epicenter would be great. :mrgreen:

Majnu

Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:39 pm

What will be done to prevent cheaters from joining. It is a pita situation in bf3 atm with so many around which makes it either a labour of love or a chore in itself for admins to manage.

I hope VU doesn't provide a gateway for those who have been pb banned from accessing the game because it will be a massive turn off.

Return to “General Discussion”