WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
bigworld12
Changing client sided game properties

Wed May 13, 2015 8:08 am

hi every one ,
so first of all i must show my appreciation for every one behind Venice unleashed (Specially the Devs) for their magnificent efforts and work to make this the best BF experience ever happened :)

Second :
i saw what VU could do with client sided stuff (removing the sun , general weather , even squad size !)
but does that apply to other things like the maximum amount of C4 , AT that can be placed on the ground like from 6 (default) to whatever max ?

and does that work too on changing bullet/projectile speeds (like change RPG/Smaw speed for instance) ?

powback

Re: Changing client sided game properties

Fri May 15, 2015 6:29 am

I have been experimenting with stuff like this actually.

It is possible to change the C4 max-count. It is, however, server-sided. You can also change explosion-force and radius. During one of my tests I made it an a-bomb, which was fun.

It is also possible to change rpg speed, although that's server-side too. I'm not sure if that applies to bullets too. I would guess that bullet-speed is clientside, but it's possible to change regardless.

You can change anything.

bigworld12

Fri May 15, 2015 10:56 am

so if this was server sided , how is it done ?
using mods or a command in the server files ?

kiwidog

Fri May 15, 2015 11:13 am

bigworld12 wrote:hi every one ,
so first of all i must show my appreciation for every one behind Venice unleashed (Specially the Devs) for their magnificent efforts and work to make this the best BF experience ever happened :)

Second :
i saw what VU could do with client sided stuff (removing the sun , general weather , even squad size !)
but does that apply to other things like the maximum amount of C4 , AT that can be placed on the ground like from 6 (default) to whatever max ?

and does that work too on changing bullet/projectile speeds (like change RPG/Smaw speed for instance) ?

It is server sided, and can be modded. Currently its not built into VU but was able to be modded with a Alpha of Rime. Will consult with NF to figure out if this is something we should make configurable via VU or leave it up to server owners to create the mod themselves.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

powback

Fri May 15, 2015 1:29 pm

bigworld12 wrote:so if this was server sided , how is it done ?
using mods or a command in the server files ?

I honestly shouldn't be discussing this, but I was somehow hosting a dedicated BF3 server and used memory-editing to do server-side changes. You could also disable the combat-area by adding a parameter to your config file. I would honestly just wait for veniceext and Rime.

Return to “General Discussion”