WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Alpha-1338
Anyone playing VE!?

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello my fellow-fraggers,

our community awaits to play VE and is very exited about it. We all wanted the CodeZ, but even though every member of our admin-staff tried.

In the end nobody except our main ServerAdmin got one. Now to the point:

Hey plays it since the ClosedBeta of VE started. But he always complains about not even a half full server. Then i read in this forum that you gave away or are planning to give away up to 1200 keys. My question therefor is pretty simple: why is noone playing, even if you gave all the code away already??? :shock:

We, in our Community got 500 active members in our SteamGroup and we would like to give some of them the chance of playing some awesome games, which are shooter like CallOfDuty, Battlefield, Counterstrike, Quake, Enemy Territory, and many more.

Our adminteam is on a road of disscussions because of the fact, that we would like to participate in that ClosedBeta of VE. The most important thing about this ClosedBeta is the feedback from your testers. But if noone is playning the game, how can you get your feedback.

Thanks in advance for considering our community as want-to-test-members :)
Best regards, Alpha-1338

faddn

Re: Anyone playing VE!?

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:27 pm

I think the reason is how long time it was since they gave away the keys.

Anyway, if you are a member of MHQ, you can get a key there right now!

RobbingHood

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Alpha-1338 wrote:that you gave away or are planning to give away up to 1200 keys. My question therefor is pretty simple: why is noone playing, even if you gave all the code away already???

We haven't given away 1200 keys. Currently, 450 users received a key (= they were sent an e-mail). Additionally, 150 keys are given out by MordorHQ and every staff member got some keys to hand out personally. Now we can't guarantee that everyone who enlisted to the beta still checks their e-mail account regularly.

The actual amount of players could therefore be smaller than expected. This will however change with the next waves ;)

Alpha-1338

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:32 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
Alpha-1338 wrote:that you gave away or are planning to give away up to 1200 keys. My question therefor is pretty simple: why is noone playing, even if you gave all the code away already???

Now we can't guarantee that everyone who enlisted to the beta still checks their e-mail account regularly.

If their accounts even exist anymore...

Their fault, but my personal pain ;)

MAGIC

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Alpha-1338 wrote:Hey plays it since the ClosedBeta of VE started. But he always complains about not even a half full server. Then i read in this forum that you gave away or are planning to give away up to 1200 keys. My question therefor is pretty simple: why is noone playing, even if you gave all the code away already??? :shock:

Well pretty easy to explain:
Users registered here and they never really visited the forum, so they dont have any ideas about VU. Now they get a mail, deleting it (when they even checking their mails). Other users received keys, but can't play because they dont own the game or their PC can handle it. I am pretty sure 90% of the users who received a key at the moment don't know about VU

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:58 pm

MAGIC wrote:Other users received keys, but can't play because they dont own the game or their PC can handle it.

All users that were invited via e-mail were verified to own Battlefield 3.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

neverhangover

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:35 pm

@MAGIC
@NoFate

Picture of empty servers from 3 days ago, from Kerrigan's gameplay video.

(btw, is the engine really capable of 132 players ? :o )

If invites were to be sent out to the actual active members of the forum, (~15 people including myself) those bug reports on github could triple in 3 days. Rodney/Kerrigan, someone closer to you guys could help you resolve the issues, and speed of production would noticebly increase.
Contacting a youtuber (kiwi: someone who is not an asshole) could also drive massive amounts of people in. Same old story again, but apparently 10 000 enlisted players are actually equal to 4.)

I've seen someone get a key who openly mocked you guys in one of these threads, yet i'm still checking my gmail almost every day.

TacTicToe

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:35 pm

There were over 10,000 people that applied iirc. Of that 450 keys were sent out, or less than 1/2 of 1% of those that applied. I did not receive a key, and though I am disappointed, I realize the odds were GREATLY against it. May not be able to play till open beta. Just because people got a key, doesnt mean they are going to use it. Hell I would bank half those that received a key have long since forgotten about this project and probably sent the email right to their spam folder. So figure maybe 200ish have received and probably redeemed their key.

I am sure it was a pain in the ass enough just to verify that the keys they sent out went to legit owners of the game. With all this said, just be patient. If you even get a key just be grateful to be one of the few that have.
]Image

Alpha-1338

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:43 pm

TacTicToe wrote:I am sure it was a pain in the ass enough just to verify that the keys they sent out went to legit owners of the game. With all this said, just be patient. If you even get a key just be grateful to be one of the few that have.

i would apriciate that the code which weren't redeemed after 3-6months after sent out should be "retourned" to VU, so those who want to participate in the closed beta get a chance to improve the mod ;)

i would be grateful, if there wouldn't be so much "wannabe's", who signed up for the beta, but maybe never play, because they don't remember or just don't give a f*ck...

mizudg

Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:58 am

So eventhough everyone knew of the risks of getting in and waiting until open beta, you're still saying more keys should've been given to active forum members. If you don't remember, the keys' holders are handpicked by NF so the chance of there being inactive members of the forum getting keys is REALLY slim. Also, it's the holidays. People go back to their families, hometowns, etc. Maybe when they come back in early January they'll be like "oh... I got a code, let's use it". And ALSO as far as I recall, MordorHQ members got keys as well, yet I've seen no one on the servers and those guys are active, so there, that should be enough proof. Last but not least, the keys are being sent out in waves and 450 keys were ACTIVATED [not used] (and in those the Harmonic Electricity and X-mas Giveaway are included which are probably half if not more), so your chance will come eventually. If NF needs more people, he'll invite more people. Currently, there isn't much to do in the beta anyway. Aside from the blue tint removed and the spectator, there isn't much to see, so you're not missing on it yet. The Rime features are yet to come and NF is testing different things at the moment, so for those of you who can't wait, you're really not missing in on much atm. Half the time I log in there's like 7-8 people playing on a map that is running Conquest Large with 800 tickets. Even if I join it, it's still not as fun to play as vanilla, so just give it some time and it will fill up. On a side-note, I got a spare key so if anyone is DYING to see what VU is like, I can send it to him, but make sure you at least contribute by checking in regularly instead of "OMG THE MENU IS GORGEOUS, OMG NO TINT, OMG... no one is playing? Oh well, will wait until open beta *uninstall* ".

Return to “General Discussion”