WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
gokarter64
Re: Anyone playing VE!?

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:29 pm

i just tryed to go back and play bf3 after 8 months of not playing it XD i forgot how annoying those lens flare can get. makes the game look like a jj abrams movie

anyways after being inactive since beta registration (mostly cause there wasn't much to talk about) i am finally getting around to joining this community

TacTicToe

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:47 am

I want a 132 player Metro server!!! That would be the real stress test. Can it handle all the noobtube, nade and rpg spam??

:lol:
]Image

morphicsn0w

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:25 pm

I would love to be playing, but I don't have a key. It would be nice if they opened it up to everyone, it seems almost no one is playing in the closed beta state.

madd0g

Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:02 pm

morphicsn0w wrote:I would love to be playing, but I don't have a key. It would be nice if they opened it up to everyone, it seems almost no one is playing in the closed beta state.

Even if you had a key it wont do you any good,there isnt a SINGLE person online at any given time.
When I got in like a month ago,I use to check twice daily for people online and I saw 1 player ONCE,I never saw any players since.
Sadly VU is dead before it's even released,damn shame really,the mod is really great and has a lot of potential,but there simply isnt enough attention towards it and there is no marketing muscle to back it up,so naturaly it's doomed to fail :(

mizudg

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:18 pm

madd0g wrote:
morphicsn0w wrote:I would love to be playing, but I don't have a key. It would be nice if they opened it up to everyone, it seems almost no one is playing in the closed beta state.

Even if you had a key it wont do you any good,there isnt a SINGLE person online at any given time.
When I got in like a month ago,I use to check twice daily for people online and I saw 1 player ONCE,I never saw any players since.
Sadly VU is dead before it's even released,damn shame really,the mod is really great and has a lot of potential,but there simply isnt enough attention towards it and there is no marketing muscle to back it up,so naturaly it's doomed to fail :(

You clearly don't understand why there is no marketing or advertising this.

A) It's in Closed Beta, hence why no one is playing. There is a lack of active testers and there isn't much to do outside the core gameplay, which is why many people probably went back to BF3. But the point of the CB is to remove all bugs and glitches and test their tools and servers on, not really provide give you a finished product.

B) This "Mod" isn't dead until its actually released. You can pretty much call any game in Closed Beta dead once the people who got in stop playing, but that won't be true. There is also the factor of people who got keys but never used them or forgot about this entirely. When NF and Kiwi need more people in, they'll send more keys. Obviously, if they haven't announced anything, they have nothing to announce. Like VALVe. Why make empty promises when they can just take everyone by surprise and make it more exciting.

C) The features of this mod are still in-development, including Rime. It's way too early to call it quits for anyone who wants to see BF3 done right and with mods. As long as the devs have the motivation and time, they'll do it. And with people dissing their work, it's not making it really motivating to work now, is it..?

madd0g

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:52 pm

mizudg wrote:
madd0g wrote:

You clearly don't understand why there is no marketing or advertising this.

A) It's in Closed Beta, hence why no one is playing. There is a lack of active testers and there isn't much to do outside the core gameplay, which is why many people probably went back to BF3. But the point of the CB is to remove all bugs and glitches and test their tools and servers on, not really provide give you a finished product.

B) This "Mod" isn't dead until its actually released. You can pretty much call any game in Closed Beta dead once the people who got in stop playing, but that won't be true. There is also the factor of people who got keys but never used them or forgot about this entirely. When NF and Kiwi need more people in, they'll send more keys. Obviously, if they haven't announced anything, they have nothing to announce. Like VALVe. Why make empty promises when they can just take everyone by surprise and make it more exciting.

C) The features of this mod are still in-development, including Rime. It's way too early to call it quits for anyone who wants to see BF3 done right and with mods. As long as the devs have the motivation and time, they'll do it. And with people dissing their work, it's not making it really motivating to work now, is it..?

Unlike most people these days I am well well aware of the differences between a demo and a proper alpha/beta.
It makes sense not to make it fully open to public,BUT even in a closed pre alpha you still need enough people to get ATLEAST 1 server full,other wise you aint testing shit and your wasting your time really.
I am calling VU dead,not because it's been too long in beta,but because there is already next to non interest in it.
Sure there is some of us passionate bf players who will always keep an eye on it and try it when finished,but we are not nearly enough to keep a community online,we need public awareness of the project,we need new comers and the prospect of such is getting less and less likely by the day.
As someone who loves indie games way more than AAA,I have seen A LOT of indie devs telling themselfs that "ohh just coz no one is playing beta,doesnt mean it will be dead on release"and draging on awesome projects for way too long untill they become obselete(in 2 years people will start looking down on the fb 3 engine of bf3,modern engines would be totaly putting it to shame)and pretty much all the time them crash and fail on release if they completely failed to capture and hold atleast some public interest in their project.
The truth is VU is runing out of time,technological time(the engine becoming obeslete)and awareness time(less and less people would care to learn/try this awesome project the more time it passes).
I think if there is any hope of creating any sort of online community for this mod,we should start building it right now,send more invites to more people(but dont make it open yet)and most importantly start organizing weekly or atleast monthly events to play and test out the game.
I just dont see the point of a beta that is a complete and total ghost town,I dont see how that can help with testing anything.

PS:I am bothering to write on this forum,not because I want to bash the modders who are doing this for free in their own time,but because I want them to succseed and I am afraid that any chances this mod has for succes are quickly fading away.
Ohh well,atleast that's my 2 cents...

utopiate

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:20 pm

yep dead is dead, haven't even bothered checking the website for a couple of months. The point that no one is actually testing the game means the 'closed beta' is a load of old bollox and miz if you were any further up nofate arse you'd be legally one person.

mizudg

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:49 pm

utopiate wrote:yep dead is dead, haven't even bothered checking the website for a couple of months. The point that no one is actually testing the game means the 'closed beta' is a load of old bollox and miz if you were any further up nofate arse you'd be legally one person.

Sure thing, buddy. Just meddle in everyone else's personal lives like you know anything about them. I don't. But me defending this as a "closed beta" that doesn't need people is exactly that. I've tried asking NF and Kiwi to push an event or something to gather people in and stress test, but the thing is, they both said no, because they don't need stress testing. And since the features aren't yet complete, what's the point in making this Open Beta? What is the point of letting more people in, when there's nothing to show. Tint-less maps and 3 dedicated servers. That's it for now. People left because they got bored of it, since it's not so different from the base game. I'm not only saying this because I want to get even "further up nofate's arse". I'm saying it because I can relate to having to do something that takes a ton of time as a last year student in Architecture and not find inspiration/time for other things. It's the devs' call whether or not this is dead, not yours. The fact that you lost your faith in it because they went quiet is your own personal opinion, and no one can take this away from you. When it's done, it's done.

P.S. - No need to be so openly offensive. I barely speak to Nofate as he's constantly busy. Last thing that's on his mind is checking the forums to give people +"asslicking" points. What I write is my own thoughts, just as you did yours.

DarijanXD
Location:Rijeka, Croatia, Europe, Eurasia, Earth, Our Solar System, The Milky Way, The Matrix

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:42 am

There are lots of people eagerly waiting for it to become open beta or to get a key. You should give away more keys so more people could play and participate in the research.
🍴 Noobs for breakfast🍴

bstyler

Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:48 am

DarijanXD wrote:There are lots of people eagerly waiting for it to become open beta or to get a key. You should give away more keys so more people could play and participate in the research.

yep

Return to “General Discussion”