WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
sim_rafael
Re: You want pictures? You get pictures!

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:00 pm

One feature already shows Venice value: Blue Tint OFF! :shock:

Thanks for that screenshot guys! Can't wait to see the open beta. 8-)

neverhangover

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:34 pm

My reaction when I saw the first few posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzUWKSYjpgQ

Sh*t looks amazing yo!
Metro without color correction is... it feels real. You can actually believe people walk through there. It doesn't look like a blurry flashback cutscene from Metro 2033 anymore.

and that MK3a....f*ck it let's just call it Jackhammer since it is one... with a suppressor looks awesome!
I know it's a DICE only weapon, (which will be made available to us YAY! :lol: ) but seeing how it is customizable (scope-wise at least) gives me hope that we could funk around with more weapons and attachments in-game.

I'm glad NoFate decided that (whether he read my previous suggesting comments or not) he should disable color correction on beta servers by default. This way, if nothing else, they have something to feel fresh about. Venice is still able to offer something new even in it's ridiculously buggy stage.

"PC Gamer promoted EmulatorNexus in the past, as well as many other sites. YouTubers shouting out "Venice is great" doesn't really mean much. If people are looking for moddable and more liberated BF3, they needn't visit someone's channel." - mizudg

I'm not happy to say this, but "ni**a you just went full retard".
There are some serious youtubers out there whose main thing is playing battlefield, and they have some 100 000 views every day.
Let me just list a few, with views numbers on their latest videos.

-LevelCap - 39 000 - added 7 hours ago
-Matimi0 - 19 000 - added 6 hours ago
-rivalXfactor - 11 000 - added 12 hours ago
-FrankieOnPCin1080p - 549 426 - added 1 week ago

Frankie actually made a video on BF3 mods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY7tnq8y-no
it has 185 935 views. Yes it is quite old though....

Now before anyone gets confused, I do agree that how things are right now, I wouldn't invite any youtubers to test and/or promote the mod. But if NoFate decides to let them in on it, I don't think it is really necessary to wait for the open beta. Once starting issues get fixed, and there are enough players to fill 2-3 64 player servers, (68, pardon me) sending beta keys to even only Frankie and LevelCap would increase your current audience by around 200% min. This is granted basic features like color correction disabling, zero suppression effect and other basic competitive mods are fully implemented, and they do make a video about it. But I really don't think any of them would stay silent. Also, it would be a pretty hot topic, so they'd get their fair share of views aswell.
I don't read PC Gamer by the way, I mostly hate IGN, and the only two sources where I could find info on VU (after I knew about it from emunexus of course) were MordorHQ and The Escapist magazine.

I agree with faddn on almost any of his points, except this one
"Still I don't think the closed beta should be announced a month a head, because people like you complain.. Should just tell us on the day they released it."

Constant info is the most crucial thing that keeps folk's interest up and alive. Yesterday's short summary of the mod's current state by Kerrigan was much needed, and very appreciated. ;)

and I also prefer Hardcore to Classic mode :D But that's subjective.

Now I will continue letting my saliva flow on these occasional leaked pictures until I can dig up some new info. :) (Saw the first picture at least 20 times before btw, as I was trying to log-in desperately into the client :D )

Still, would be nice if we could get our stream sometime, as Kerrigan promised. :D

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:11 pm

I made some screenshots of Damavand Peek (link to the album).
Here are my favourites:
There used to be a signature here.

utopiate

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:59 am

Damavand looks great without the hue. Thanks Rodney. Gonna deffo put up a server with my fav rush maps - seine, metro, damavand, kharg and bazaar woot!

blueman24

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 am

My one suggestion: The font in the menu, login screen, server browser does no look that good. It should be replaced with the one that vanilla bf3 has in its menus and all. IMHO that font looks way better but that's just personal opinion and it's not the #1 feature/change that's needed but anyway, it would be good if that's changed.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:02 am

blueman24 wrote:My one suggestion: The font in the menu, login screen, server browser does no look that good. It should be replaced with the one that vanilla bf3 has in its menus and all. IMHO that font looks way better but that's just personal opinion and it's not the #1 feature/change that's needed but anyway, it would be good if that's changed.

The font is exactly the same font being used by the game.
The reason it appears a bit choppy is because of issue #3, something that will be fixed in the next update.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

utopiate

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:34 pm

meh I keep checking this thread to see piccies/vids of the beta but all there is off topic modding/advertising talk. Maybe make these suggestions in an appropriate thread or a PM. ;)

RobbingHood

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:30 pm

All off-topic was split to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7031
Please stay on-topic here.

XphosKill3r

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Maps look so much better, mods with Venice Unleashed FTW (For the Win) :D Can't wait.
A cookie is not a cookie without milk.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:32 pm

I never played this map before so I can't say how much of a difference the missing color correction is, but it definetly looks good.
I was geniuenly surprised how big this map is actually. And that you can walk up 80° walls :P
There used to be a signature here.

Return to “General Discussion”