WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!
Re: You want pictures? You get pictures!

Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:15 pm

BmB23 wrote:I don't think disabling colour correction entirely is a good idea. I personally am very fond of Battlefield 3's visual style, the problem of the tint is separate one from just disabling colour grading. Most of these.... don't look that good. That no-CC mod that was around early on could basically be described as cheating due to effectively removing all light and shadows. And while I do agree the flashlight being more powerful than the sun is silly, removing the sun flare really isn't a good idea, however much you don't like it. It is a part of the gameplay. For example, when shooting up the hill from the forest on Caspian it has a big effect. Disabling it again seems more like cheating than anything. It also feeds into the "liveleak helmet-cam footage" style. It's the kind of flare that you'd expect from a small, dirty, and bad camera.

The singleplayer maps to me are the reference for how color grading should be done. Look for example here, Caspian Border in multiplayer and the similar area in singleplayer. CC isn't off, but it is different. The whole affair takes on a greenish tint in multiplayer. Where the campaign uses darker and more neutral tones that really bring out the actual colour of the grass.

VU allows for full configuration of level visuals, allowing you to tweak the various effects in order to achieve a feel that looks best to you.
The color-correction and sun-flare options are simply easy-to-use variables for server owners who do not have the required experience to produce fully custom visual tweaks.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

DarijanXD
Location:Rijeka, Croatia, Europe, Eurasia, Earth, Our Solar System, The Milky Way, The Matrix

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Do you have any pics of the 20x scope? Maybe a comparison between 20x and 12x ?
🍴 Noobs for breakfast🍴

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:29 am

Mh
Getting the Alpha vibe yet?

(This is based on some of NoFaTe's work that can be seen here and here I just changed the vehicle and map)
There used to be a signature here.

Papa_Spin

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:05 am

LAV-25 in Metro, remind me the trailer of this game :D

mizudg

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:55 am

Needs more F35...

zesty

Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Papa_Spin wrote:LAV-25 in Metro, remind me the trailer of this game :D

Reminds me of https://youtu.be/tvU3M6Ya1JI?t=2m14s

Return to “General Discussion”