WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
powback
Re: You want pictures? You get pictures!

Mon May 18, 2015 7:20 am

Rodney wrote:
Siilwyn wrote:I would love to see a map that's so dark you almost can't see a thing without the lights of the environment and flash light.

I mean we kinda had that. The shitty flashlights in that game make it kinda hard though.

You can change flashlight intensity, radius and range though. It would also help to enable dynamic lights(?) for other players, so that we actually can see other player's light.

setonaikai

Mon May 18, 2015 7:40 am

It's incredible, it's a new game now!

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Mon May 18, 2015 4:45 pm

powback wrote:
Rodney wrote:I mean we kinda had that. The shitty flashlights in that game make it kinda hard though.

You can change flashlight intensity, radius and range though. It would also help to enable dynamic lights(?) for other players, so that we actually can see other player's light.

Yes you can, NoFaTe has posted some screenshots that are a result of that. However as of now there is no way to replicate these changes to all clients. We'll probably have to wait for a few weeks until rimelib is functional and allows such edits. (at least I think that's one of the goals of rimelib).

This is what I want to do :P
There used to be a signature here.

Fri May 22, 2015 11:34 am

No more blue tint ! yeh!

Rodney

Sun May 31, 2015 2:51 am

faddn

Sun May 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Are you able to change the physics of the chopper at this point? Make it take rolls and loops?

Rodney

Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:46 am

I never used this thing before...

DarijanXD
Location:Rijeka, Croatia, Europe, Eurasia, Earth, Our Solar System, The Milky Way, The Matrix

Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Can you put more attachments in the same slot (for example laser-flashlight combo or bipod and straight pull bolt or heavy barrel and laser etc.) and attachments on weapons "that they do not belong to" (i didn't remember of a better way to say that, english is not my mothertounge).

Could there be more attachments on pistols (custom attachments like scopes).

Is it also possible to change the colour of a holo/dot sight and the laser beam? I would really like to see that.
🍴 Noobs for breakfast🍴

DarijanXD
Location:Rijeka, Croatia, Europe, Eurasia, Earth, Our Solar System, The Milky Way, The Matrix

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:16 am

Can the 20x Ballistic scope be put on any rifle (the scope that only DICE devs have)? Is it even available here?
🍴 Noobs for breakfast🍴

BmB23

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:31 pm

I don't think disabling colour correction entirely is a good idea. I personally am very fond of Battlefield 3's visual style, the problem of the tint is separate one from just disabling colour grading. Most of these.... don't look that good. That no-CC mod that was around early on could basically be described as cheating due to effectively removing all light and shadows. And while I do agree the flashlight being more powerful than the sun is silly, removing the sun flare really isn't a good idea, however much you don't like it. It is a part of the gameplay. For example, when shooting up the hill from the forest on Caspian it has a big effect. Disabling it again seems more like cheating than anything. It also feeds into the "liveleak helmet-cam footage" style. It's the kind of flare that you'd expect from a small, dirty, and bad camera.

The singleplayer maps to me are the reference for how color grading should be done. Look for example here, Caspian Border in multiplayer and the similar area in singleplayer. CC isn't off, but it is different. The whole affair takes on a greenish tint in multiplayer. Where the campaign uses darker and more neutral tones that really bring out the actual colour of the grass.

Return to “General Discussion”