dolmaface
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:34 pm

A mod that emulates BF2 UI and features but in frostbite. So the following:

*Ported BF2 UI, squad menus and features such as squad invite, tactical map, etc...
*Commander just like in BF2 -> this means destroyable commander assets
*Emulated aircraft physics for jets and helis
*limited vehicle ammo and health. Have to go back to base to resupply/repair, can also use commander supply drops.
*revamped com rose with instant pop-up feature, and the tact rose.
*Give jets AA and AG
*other bf2 features I can't think of at the moment
Last edited by dolmaface on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sammuel
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:20 am
Location: Planet Earth.

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:18 pm

I would so play this. :)
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

User avatar
powback
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:50 am

Already working on it.

Well, some of these features anyway.

User avatar
mizudg
Posts: 1620
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:09 pm
Location: Bulgaria
Contact: Facebook Skype YouTube

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:01 am

How do you have access to Rime? :?

Or what do you mean by working on it?
Image

User avatar
powback
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 pm
Contact: Website

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:37 am

mizudg wrote:How do you have access to Rime? :?

Or what do you mean by working on it?


I don't have access to Rime. I'm using memory editing to edit the ebx files to match some of the BF2 values. The values are only temporarily changed and are reset during mapchange. I'm currently just looking for values that fits nicely into a slower-paced gamemode similar to BF2.

When Rime is released I'll just input whatever values I've found, then I'll look into more advanced changes. Right now it's a pain in the ass to find certain values in the memory, so I won't bother looking into Vehicle Handling, UI changes and such until the easy part is completed.

I haven't actually got a key yet, so I might have to wait until Open Beta before I can integrate the changes.

values values values

faddn
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Yes I want. And if this should be successful we need to have our own backend and role out patches to the game.

XuluniX
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:42 pm

faddn wrote:Yes I want. And if this should be successful we need to have our own backend and role out patches to the game.

NOPE
I don't think you will get your own backend in near time.
The only way to mod VU will be with mods (Server + Client) . If you want to roll out an update, you just need to update the mod on the server afaik., the client sould get his update when joining the server

User avatar
Manchoo
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:56 am
Location: France
Contact: Website

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 pm

i think we are a lot to want something similar to BF2, therefore instead of trying each others to build our own mod, we should be united as a team to build it.

it's not only a modded server setting, there are a lot of things to change, modify, add. more we will be on the same project, better it will be. ;)

dolmaface
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Manchoo wrote:i think we are a lot to want something similar to BF2, therefore instead of trying each others to build our own mod, we should be united as a team to build it.

it's not only a modded server setting, there are a lot of things to change, modify, add. more we will be on the same project, better it will be. ;)

yes the community needs to get organized. Have a group of people working on UI, another group of physics, another group of modeling assets, etc...

faddn
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: Anyone want to create a BF2 revival mod

Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:09 am

XuluniX wrote:
faddn wrote:Yes I want. And if this should be successful we need to have our own backend and role out patches to the game.

NOPE
I don't think you will get your own backend in near time.
The only way to mod VU will be with mods (Server + Client) . If you want to roll out an update, you just need to update the mod on the server afaik., the client sould get his update when joining the server


If some get something good out of this, don't you worry.
The client can't get his update when he join the server, if he do, he can only play this BF2 mod.

There is alot that need to be changed, so in time a stand-lone is probably needed;
Less lock-on weapons - Add a wire-guided launcher as replacement
6 mansqaud
limited sprint
less gadgets/weapons
weapon balance
Perks on vehicles
Vehicle handling (barrel roll on choppersl, faster jets)
Limited ammo for vehicles
Better class system
VOIP

If nofate and kiwidog give us a good system for this, it is probably not needed to start with, we just have to wait and see how this work out.
If it gets popular it need to be a stand-lone anyway, if we can't get it nicely integrated into nexus emulator.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 1 guest