WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Argetlam2015
Any Updates ?

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Is there any progress going on ?
I dont want to sound rude, but its been a month since last Blog update, wich came almost weekly before.
Whats going on :cry:

mizudg

Re: Any Updates ?

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:23 pm

They are working on the new Blog Post. Not sure when it's going to come out, though it should be soon.

Kerrigan

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:26 pm

There has been a struggle with the development on one developers side which caused a certain delay.

Stay tuned until further notice.

utopiate

Fri May 23, 2014 4:31 pm

TBH I have given up. I was hoping to host several servers for venice. I was sure there would be more developers capable of helping and getting this project live but with only 2 developers and the constraints on their time I can't see it happening. The whole 'coming soon' response is tired and overused.

And to whomever decides to reply with a bitchy response, go ahead, I'm only saying what everyone is thinking.

mizudg

Fri May 23, 2014 4:43 pm

utopiate wrote:TBH I have given up. I was hoping to host several servers for venice. I was sure there would be more developers capable of helping and getting this project live but with only 2 developers and the constraints on their time I can't see it happening. The whole 'coming soon' response is tired and overused.

And to whomever decides to reply with a bitchy response, go ahead, I'm only saying what everyone is thinking.

You do realize it's touchy information to share across "more developers", right? You can't really trust anyone with such delicate information and besides, have fun not waiting for it. When it does come out, you'll eventually come back to it. Nobody's forcing anyone to wait for a release date anytime soon. When a release date is announced, won't it be known globally much like PCGamer reported their emulators in the first place? Sheesh... seems like your response is rather bitchy. Just keep calm and wait. Coming soon may be overused but it's better later than never and if they rush the whole thing, it will turn out like that other emulator that all the crap community of nexus has moved onto already (and thank god btw).

SylarTL

Fri May 23, 2014 4:57 pm

utopiate wrote:I'm only saying what everyone is thinking.

You need to check that info.

kiwidog

Fri May 23, 2014 9:39 pm

New blog post incoming.

:roll:
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Muntaqim_313

Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Give NoFaTe a break guys. The more I look into this engine, the more complex I find it. By my estimates, it has about four billion lines (some of them are blank, probably for debug or something like that), over 30,000 strings, some 130,000 jumps, and a heap of heavily encrypted resources. But I could be wrong about these numbers. Either way, it would take a lot of work just to figure out the flow of this PE, let alone rearrange it. The Frostbite engine has a team of 50 professional coders.

I personally think if he decrypts the game's resources (i.e. models and textures, audio files, the heightmap and setup of levels etc.) and rebuilds them into CryEngine 3, it would save him a lot of time and effort. I would've done (or at least tried) it myself, but I barely have the motivation to do the things I enjoy, let alone take on such a massive project.

And Kiwidog, they say you are part of the Venice Unleashed project. Just want to let you know that we are (at least I am) not overlooking your effort.

XuluniX

Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Do you know what you are writing?
This is BULLSHIT, it looks like you don't know much about the entire stuff

You can't just port the whole game to an other engine.
You would need to reimplement the whole gamelogic etc.
and NO, you can't just convert a map to an other engine.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:47 pm

4 billion lines of code. Seriously?
The linux kernel has about 18.6 Million.
There used to be a signature here.

Return to “General Discussion”