User avatar
Bruce Lee
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Re: Any Updates ?

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Rodney wrote:More likely they don't sell it anymore because the masterserver (gamespy) will be shut down at the end of this month. And even EA wouldn't sell the game anymore.

Of course they can't sell BF2 any longer because its an online-only game and the online service is now defunct.
However, I think Muntaqim_313 was trying to make the point that EA won't sell games that have mod support in general anymore.
;)
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

Muntaqim_313
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Any Updates ?

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:
Rodney wrote:More likely they don't sell it anymore because the masterserver (gamespy) will be shut down at the end of this month. And even EA wouldn't sell the game anymore.

Of course they can't sell BF2 any longer because its an online-only game and the online service is now defunct.
However, I think Muntaqim_313 was trying to make the point that EA won't sell games that have mod support in general anymore.
;)


Yeah, I was trying to make a point. Battlefield 2 is exactly the kind of game EA doesn't like. It is fully moddable, has singleplayer bots and skirmishes, LAN, and as far as I know, people are able to implement their own server configurations for online gameplay.

And your point isn't exactly valid, Bruce. Red Alert 2 cannot be played online, or even on LAN, but it is still sold by EA.

User avatar
Paulofonta
Posts: 731
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 am
Location: Sintra - Portugal

Re: Any Updates ?

Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Muntaqim_313 wrote:And your point isn't exactly valid, Bruce. Red Alert 2 cannot be played online, or even on LAN, but it is still sold by EA.

Wrong. I still play Red Alert 2 on LAN with my nephew.

Muntaqim_313
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Any Updates ?

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:39 am

Paulofonta wrote:
Muntaqim_313 wrote:And your point isn't exactly valid, Bruce. Red Alert 2 cannot be played online, or even on LAN, but it is still sold by EA.

Wrong. I still play Red Alert 2 on LAN with my nephew.


You used a patch, right? But even if you didn't, RA2 isn't available online. So if EA was only selling online multiplayer games, then they wouldn't sell Red Alert 2.

User avatar
Kerrigan
Posts: 1614
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Your nightmares

Re: Any Updates ?

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:04 am

You mean RA 3. Red Alert 2 is fine. You can play Skirmishes and LANs.. it came out before Generals so yeah there must be a way to play on LAN..

User avatar
Paulofonta
Posts: 731
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:00 am
Location: Sintra - Portugal

Re: Any Updates ?

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:58 am

Muntaqim_313 wrote:You used a patch, right?

I use a third-party dll to make it work by UDP instead of IPX, since IPX died with Windows XP.

Muntaqim_313
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Any Updates ?

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Paulofonta wrote:
Muntaqim_313 wrote:You used a patch, right?

I use a third-party dll to make it work by UDP instead of IPX, since IPX died with Windows XP.



Yeah, that's what I mean.

User avatar
Kerrigan
Posts: 1614
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 pm
Location: Your nightmares

Re: Any Updates ?

Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:38 am

Besides there are some IPX-wrappers. I managed to play Diablo 1 over IPX with a wrapper.. but it has been too long since i played it.

Oh Diablo 1/2 .. what fun did i have with you..

Muntaqim_313
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Any Updates ?

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:58 pm

Kerrigan wrote:Besides there are some IPX-wrappers. I managed to play Diablo 1 over IPX with a wrapper.. but it has been too long since i played it.

Oh Diablo 1/2 .. what fun did i have with you..


Who knows. Maybe one day LAN will be obsolete technology.

User avatar
mizudg
Posts: 1620
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:09 pm
Location: Bulgaria
Contact: Facebook Skype YouTube

Re: Any Updates ?

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:12 pm

These last 2 pages don't even have anything to do with VU. Can't you guys just make a Random thread about this?
Image

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests