WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Crogon
I'd like to help

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:28 am

Hi,
I've been following your guys' progress for some time and I gotta say I'm really intrigued by the Venice project, since I'm also a big fan of the game and a little disappointed by the 4th one. So, since I'm also a programmer I thought I might offer my services.
Here's a little about me:
I'm a 28 year old male student from Germany. I've been working on the side as a programmer in various companies for the last 4 years. Mostly I've worked with C# but I'm also proficient in C++, Java and SQL with some additional experience in D, lua and some other stuff. I haven't done a lot of work in g@mes or mods and also my knowledge when it comes to assembler and reverse engineering is rather limited but I'm certainly interested (and you gotta start somewhere right? ;) ). But if you had some work that needs doing in frontends and alike or could provide a few code stubs that need some fleshing out I can certainly take some of the menial grunt work off your hands.

Let me know.

Greetings,
Crogon

P.S.: What's up with the spam filter? Why is "g@mes" (with an a instead of @) a dirty word? 0_o

blueman24

Re: I'd like to help

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:51 am

Don't know about the Dev work but I too dislike that span filter. Sometimes it just won't let me write normal words. Lol

mizudg

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:01 am

It's great to see enthusiasts who want to help out but with only one forum post (being this), I doubt that NF or Kiwi alike will trust you with any of Venice's code. Nevertheless, it's great that you took the initiative and as far as I know both of them read the forums a couple of times a days just to check for interesting posts (mostly when I send them certain ones cause of 'reasons') so you'll likely be noticed. And if you really want to try yourself at coding, you can try TeknoGods who recently released most of their source codes and already has TeknoMW3's code out as well so you can make something out of it ;) Good luck

RobbingHood

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:22 am

kiwidog was recently looking for skilled C# developers to help him with a project of his that is related to Venice.
You could write him a PM and ask him if he still needs help ;)

Cludo47

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:09 pm

@RobbingHood : Am I the only one here who thinks kiwidog doesnt even STEP on these forums? He's justposting on his own blog kiwidog.me . :(

RobbingHood

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Cludo47 wrote:@RobbingHood : Am I the only one here who thinks kiwidog doesnt even STEP on these forums? He's justposting on his own blog kiwidog.me . :(

He's "only" a developer, he does not have an obligation to check the forums etc.
However he is online on the IRC chat regularly in case you want to contact him.

Crogon

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.
@mizudg: Thanks for the tip with the TeknoGods. I'll give it a look but since they're mainly doing stuff with CoD, I'm not sure that that will interest me very much since I'm not that big of a CoD fan.
Also, if NoFate and Kiwi want to keep their code to themselves, they certainly can do that, but it's also not necessary for me to actually have the code to help out. That's where Interfaces, Unit tests, design by contract and stuff like that comes in. Although I'd surely appreciate a look "under the hood" once they feel that I've proven myself to be trustworthy ;). But that's not a "must have".

@RobbingHood: Which IRC chat is that (server, channel)?

kiwidog

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:25 pm

hi.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

HunteR97

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:44 pm

kiwidog wrote:hi.

RobbingHood

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Crogon wrote:@RobbingHood: Which IRC chat is that (server, channel)?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9
You could've used the search function btw :roll:

Return to “General Discussion”