WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Sammuel
Vanilla BF3 stat integration

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:28 am

Hi all,

I have been reviewing some of the stat questions & have noticed the frequent use of 'it would be to hard to transfer everyone's stats from vanilla to Venice' This in its self seemed true however with the release of 'outcome' it has occurred to me that NoFate has the tech to grab the login from Origin to verify the ownership and was wondering if something could be used to 'grab' stats that have been verified from battlefog & then transfer the data to the stat server.

This would pose as a nice feature (for those who have already ranked highly on vanilla -- they wont have to start from 0 again) for the Venice Project.

Thanks for Reading, Sam.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

mizudg

Re: Vanilla BF3 stat integration

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:00 am

Sammuel wrote:Hi all,

I have been reviewing some of the stat questions & have noticed the frequent use of 'it would be to hard to transfer everyone's stats from vanilla to Venice' This in its self seemed true however with the release of 'outcome' it has occurred to me that NoFate has the tech to grab the login from Origami to verify the ownership and was wondering if something could be used to 'grab' stats that have been verified from battlefog & then transfer the data to the stat server.

This would pose as a nice feature (for those who have already ranked highly on vanilla -- they wont have to start from 0 again) for the Venice Project.

Thanks for Reading, Sam.

I doubt that's possible. The stats are synced in a cloud and NF specifically said that he wont touch any of the game or Origin files for either of his projects (example - the dinput8 is just a hook, you require nothing more, there are no "cracks" or "patches")

RobbingHood

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:06 pm

mizudg wrote:I doubt that's possible. The stats are synced in a cloud and NF specifically said that he wont touch any of the game or Origami files for either of his projects (example - the dinput8 is just a hook, you require nothing more, there are no "cracks" or "patches")

NoFaTe won't modify any content, that's right. But using content that is not copyrighted (I mean, you cannot OWN stats, can you?) is thinkable.
But if this would ever be implemented, it would come at a very late revision I think.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Well, technically you could just import the stats by updating the values in the stats database with the ones you could get for example via the bf3stats.com API. But I highly doubt that NoFaTe would do something like that. (The bfbcs.com stats for bc2 actually do not contain all keys btw, don't know for bf3 version though, they are from the same people.)
There used to be a signature here.

Sammuel

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:29 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
mizudg wrote:I doubt that's possible. The stats are synced in a cloud and NF specifically said that he wont touch any of the game or Origami files for either of his projects (example - the dinput8 is just a hook, you require nothing more, there are no "cracks" or "patches")

NoFaTe won't modify any content, that's right. But using content that is not copyrighted (I mean, you cannot OWN stats, can you?) is thinkable.
But if this would ever be implemented, it would come at a very late revision I think.

in that case consider this topic a suggestion for one of Venice's features.

Also I have noticed that when using a modified bf3.par & play a bit then launch the game via origami a pop-up will apear saying that the local stats & cloud stats are not in sync if you chose the "use local stat option" your demoted to where you were before you modified the .par However if you choose the other option it 'fetches' the stats from some source.

Just pointing that out as a possible source to acquire the stats data.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Venice Unleashed (and all similar projects) will not relate your Emulator Nexus account with your Origin account and/or data in any way, mainly for security reasons.

Transferring individual player stats from the official BF3 servers is entirely possible, however it requires querying Blaze, authenticating, and fetching, which is something I'm not willing to do.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Sammuel

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 am

Alright, Thanks for clearing that up NoFate, Checked out your blog progress looks good btw!

FaithLV

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 pm

Actaully, it doesn't verify that you own the game.
I just...experimented with it :lol:
jet fuel can't melt dank memes

Sammuel

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:30 pm

FaithLV wrote:Actaully, it doesn't verify that you own the game.

From what i have read so far, it verify that specific files are present & correct.

RobbingHood

Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 pm

FaithLV wrote:Actaully, it doesn't verify that you own the game.

Are you talking about Venice? If so, Venice does check wether you have a (valid) license file or not.

Return to “General Discussion”