WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
dolmaface
Idea for mod when Venice is released

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:05 pm

I know its still very early, but a mod I really want to see made is Bettlefold 3: the true sequel. It would be awesome if the entire game UI was overhauled to look just like Bettlefold 2's and the following features added:

-Manual knifing like in twenty142, get rid of scripted auto knife
-Limited ammo with resupply at main base/supply crate
-Redone jet/heli physics to emulate Bettlefold 2
-Commander
-Two comma rose, one for general and the other for squad/commander use.
-Make jets have AA and AG weapons, make heetseekers more effective with two hit kills.
-Add dumby bombs
-Add authentic Russian Voice Overs
-Make the default game mode with classic settings (no 3d spotting, squad leader only spawn, etc...)
-Add commander assets in uncaps.
-Make comma rose have a text feed
-Add VOIP
-Create in-game server browser/menu/login screen etc...
-Menu music
-Loading music for each faction

XuluniX

Re: Idea for mod when Venice is released

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm

No Probelm if you have the sourcecode...
Do you know that it is verry hard to modify things like physics and vehicles?

mizudg

Re: Idea for mod when Venice is released

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 pm

dolmaface wrote:I know its still very early, but a mod I really want to see made is Bettlefold 3: the true sequel. It would be awesome if the entire game UI was overhauled to look just like Bettlefold 2's and the following features added:

-Manual knifing like in twenty142, get rid of scripted auto knife
-Limited ammo with resupply at main base/supply crate
-Redone jet/heli physics to emulate Bettlefold 2
-Commander
-Two comma rose, one for general and the other for squad/commander use.
-Make jets have AA and AG weapons, make heetseekers more effective with two hit kills.
-Add dumby bombs
-Add authentic Russian Voice Overs
-Make the default game mode with classic settings (no 3d spotting, squad leader only spawn, etc...)
-Add commander assets in uncaps.
-Make comma rose have a text feed
-Add VOIP
-Create in-game server browser/menu/login screen etc...
-Menu music
-Loading music for each faction

- Manual Knife should be possible to do since the animation and damage are still there, it's not like in BF4
- Limited Ammo ? There is already limited ammo which can be resupplied by the Support and Medic much like in BF2
- Jet/Heli physics like in BF2? Sure I'd like to see it happen but I doubt it's as easy as that to turn a paper-plane into a war machine or at least similar to BC2's
- Commander? I doubt it's possible to make that happen since Commander has more functions than just staring at a big screen..
- No comment..
- Dumby bombs? What is this?
- I dont think that there are phrases that can't be added but to make it entirely in RU localization..
- That can be done through the Server hosting tool and you can even look up servers like this with the Advanced Filters in BF3
- Like I said before, I doubt its possible to add those and make them function properly..
- I am not an expert but BF4 already has this so I am pretty sure it's gonna be possible for BF3 as well.
- VOIP's been in the game all along but it's disabled and NoFaTe was having problems enabling it.. no further info's been given
- That is already done...
- That is pretty much logically done..
- Did you even see the previews with the loading screens? Why have music running for each team.. this isnt BF2

And just like I stated with my last point, This ISNT BF2. Battlefield 3 is not capable of having most of the stuff you listed due to the fact that it's running on Frostbite and most of the stuff is already core-integrated into the game. Just look at how far the BC2 modding is (not that far really..) and it just got more and more popular due to some experiments. If you think BF3 will have perfect mods including the features in your list starting day one or even months later, you are rather wrong.. Once the mod tools are released, we will see how powerful they are but for now, this could pretty much be a "Why Battlefield 2 is better than 3" with the features you listed being reasons why 2 > 3 and why 3 will never be as good. Battlefield 4 is also lacking and a project on it has been hinted at by Kiwidog http://kiwidog.me/?p=371, though again, I doubt that when the emulators release they will have the full power they can offer. When Venice releases we'll get: Color-mod tweaker back, our own dedicated servers, in-game menu and browser, locked features such as Spectator Mode, Mod SUPPORT (not mods right off the bat). If you feel nostalgic, go play Battlefield 2, Project Reality or whatever else reminds you of it. I still do and find a lot more enjoyable when I dont have a gang for BF3.

Return to “General Discussion”