WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
gokarter64
two questions about the Venice project.

Sat May 11, 2013 4:53 pm

alright i have two things to ask. one will we need to have origami running?

and two since my brother has already purchased bettlefold 3 and legitly owns the game could it be possible if i could copy over his registry entries and his updated game so we can both play? would be nice to be able to do that since it would save me 40 bucks

Effort

Re: two questions about the Venice project.

Sat May 11, 2013 10:20 pm

1) probably not there is a file you can change so that you don't need to launch battlefield from origin (see: http://blog.nofate.me/?p=35 ) that being said you will need to log into origin at least once with battelfield to create a valid license file.

2)Dunno it may although the blaze emulator might get confused if two of the same GUID try to play on it concurrently, don't really know though you may want to check with the admins/dev team (who will probably post here soon).

MAGIC

Sat May 11, 2013 10:23 pm

I think you need to buy the game, since you need to have a unique ID to play it. When you play with the ID from your brother, and your brother will login, then you will get disconnected (not sure though)

gokarter64

Sun May 12, 2013 3:24 am

that part of the post has become irrelevant since i just bought it on origin for 7 bucks. it gave me a discount for playing bf 1942 a bunch XD good advice for those on a low budget... but it may still be good info to know in case i want a friend to be able to jump on occasionally.

death_stalker_ak47

Sun May 12, 2013 3:52 pm

gokarter64 wrote:alright i have two things to ask. one will we need to have origami running?

and two since my brother has already purchased bettlefold 3 and legitly owns the game could it be possible if i could copy over his registry entries and his updated game so we can both play? would be nice to be able to do that since it would save me 40 bucks

You only need a license file generated on your PC, ask your brother for user and pass for orgin and run once bf3 from origin on your PC.
WARNING

Return to “General Discussion”