WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Rarity
Another question about DLC in Venice

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 am

Hello gentlemen (moderator or just a lurker), I wonder one thing after I read a topic of DLC in Venice.
I have a Origin account that have only BF3 Standard and Back To Karkand DLC. Will I be able to use other DLC contents (Prem stuffs, CQ AK Aftermath and Endgame weapons + maps) even when I don't own them?
(I know Origin makes you download those things even when you don't purchase those DLC)
If unnecessary, I'm sorry and close the topic please.
aka buunni @ #fourdeltaone. DokuWiki sux, doh!

Kerrigan

Re: Another question about DLC in Venice

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am

Rarity wrote:(I know Origami makes you download those things even when you don't purchase those DLC)

It does not. It downloads a compability patch. But the DLC maps are only downloaded when you own the respective key for them.

Anyway, if you don't own the DLC maps in form of the standard XPack 1-5 folders you won't be able to play them.
There might be a chance that if you get the DLC files elsewhere it might work because our master server does not differ between the keys. It only checks for a valid license.

mizudg

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Kerrigan wrote:
Rarity wrote:(I know Origami makes you download those things even when you don't purchase those DLC)

It does not. It downloads a compability patch. But the DLC maps are only downloaded when you own the respective key for them.

Anyway, if you don't own the DLC maps in form of the standard XPack 1-5 folders you won't be able to play them.
There might be a chance that if you get the DLC files elsewhere it might work because our master server does not differ between the keys. It only checks for a valid license.

So in other words, if some Premium guy shares the DLC files, we can use them on Venice if we get into the beta? And I thought the DLC WERE downloaded when released and when you activate they key or if you automatically activate it through Premium ownership you can play the games instantly, no downloads on top. Someone needs to look into this a bit more. But still, I have tons of friends with Premium so if that 1st option stays, I'm all up for it too :lol:

instalover

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:46 pm

if i will buy battlefold 3 , can i play all dlc maps ?
ps i already have xpack folders

parker_lewis

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Kerrigan wrote:

does it?
when i bought back to karkand i just redeeme the cd key and play right at that moment without downloading anything .

RobbingHood

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 pm

instalover wrote:if i will buy battlefold 3 , can i play all dlc maps ?

The launcher will not perform a DLC-Check, so if you have the necessary files, you will probably be able to play all DLCs.

kiwidog

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
instalover wrote:if i will buy battlefold 3 , can i play all dlc maps ?

The launcher will not perform a DLC-Check, so if you have the necessary files, you will probably be able to play all DLCs.

I believe Origin has license file data for xpacks as well. Not sure.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

RobbingHood

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:37 pm

kiwidog wrote:I believe Origami has license file data for xpacks as well. Not sure.

No idea, but from what I've heard, the game itself only checks for a valid BF3 license.
Maybe the servers require a DLC license?

R3troStyle

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Hey guys i didnt know where to ask for help about my bf3 so i do it here.Well a week ago i wasnt having any problems with the game but one day i tried to join a server on kharg island the game started as ussual but when it got trougt to loading level part and it crashed since then i cant join Kharg island or grand bazaar nor siene crossing i tried to fix it via Origami it downloaded and did something but i am getting the same problem over and over again.i cant joing only these maps i would really appreciate it if someone can help me out :(

mizudg

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 pm

R3troStyle wrote:Hey guys i didnt know where to ask for help about my bf3 so i do it here.Well a week ago i wasnt having any problems with the game but one day i tried to join a server on kharg island the game started as ussual but when it got trougt to loading level part and it crashed since then i cant join Kharg island or grand bazaar nor siene crossing i tried to fix it via Origami it downloaded and did something but i am getting the same problem over and over again.i cant joing only these maps i would really appreciate it if someone can help me out :(

What does this have to do with DLC in Venice?

Return to “General Discussion”