WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Kerrigan
Re: Dear NoFate

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

decerto wrote:bunch of ignorant ass kids...thought this community was a tad bit different than the cod community,but whatever.I asked a question,are u going to be able to play nexus bf3 for free,like bc2,you went ape shit...forget it.

If you would've read the threads carefully you would've figured it out by yourself.
Also the problem is very obvious:

Battlefield 3 is linked to Origin = no standalone patches like in BC2 = up-to-date version is difficult to get

NoFaTe uses recent files.
The free versions are not patched and you can't patch them without missing any necessary files.
The versions would mismatch when connecting to the master server.

Ergo: We don't support un-legit versions. We don't support piracy at all.

There might be a workaround like in 4D1 by getting the dedicated server files for MW3 or any other solution.
In BF3, there isn't any.

Deal with it. This should be clear now.

Also: You're just pissed off now because you won't get a free BF3. Well that's not our problem.

decerto

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Kerrigan wrote:
decerto wrote:bunch of ignorant ass kids...thought this community was a tad bit different than the cod community,but whatever.I asked a question,are u going to be able to play nexus bf3 for free,like bc2,you went ape shit...forget it.

If you would've read the threads carefully you would've figured it out by yourself.
Also the problem is very obvious:

Bettlefold 3 is linked to Origami = no standalone patches like in BC2 = up-to-date version is difficult to get

NoFaTe uses recent files.
The free versions are not patched and you can't patch them without missing any necessary files.
The versions would mismatch when connecting to the master server.

Ergo: We don't support un-legit versions. We don't support piracy at all.

There might be a workaround like in 4D1 by getting the dedicated server files for MW3 or any other solution.
In BF3, there isn't any.

Deal with it. This should be clear now.

Also: You're just pissed off now because you won't get a free BF3. Well that's not our problem.

Pissed off ? Not really...I was just...curious.BF3 is 9 $,pissed off for 9 $ is bit too strong of a word don't you think :) ?

Effort

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 pm

then don't complain in the first place?

Kerrigan

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Effort wrote:then don't complain in the first place?

This.

If you can get it for 9$ why do you even ask in the first place ?

Trolling or just stupid ? Serious question. God damn it.

Imposter

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 pm

decerto wrote:
death_stalker_ak47 wrote:
decerto wrote:what do you mean legitimate ? I read that bolded shtuff,but are you saying that I will have to buy the original game and then use your mod if I like,or,I can download the skidsomethingsomethin and use your mod to play it ?

You need an Origamial copy, not cracked or something like that.

Let me get this straight...I'm here only because there is a hope I will be able to play BF3,for free.Now,you are saying to me that I will have to buy the game anyway...so whats the point,I'll rather play on original servers if I already bought the game,why would i play on nexus servers,makes no sense.I'm sure u'll be able to play with cracked copies,just like BC2.

Then go buy the game.

Please learn some manners.

Also, STOP WHINING. LAST WARNING FOR EVERYONE.
EDIT: Kinda late on this. lol

furiousTaher

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 am

but if i get the updated full game from a friend(who has origami)
will it work with blaze?

RobbingHood

Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:27 pm

TaherNajeeb wrote:but if i get the updated full game from a friend(who has origami)
will it work with blaze?

NO. User warned.

Kerrigan

Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm

TaherNajeeb wrote:but if i get the updated full game from a friend(who has origami)
will it work with blaze?

Due to lack of a related license file. No.

FantaJu1ce

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:12 pm

For me it is a thing to worry about. I have to pay around 100$ to get BF3. I have to take the bus to the nearest town, and the cost of ANY GAME is through the roof there.
[AOH] FantaJu1ce

Kerrigan

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 pm

FantaJu1ce wrote:For me it is a thing to worry about. I have to pay around 100$ to get BF3. I have to take the bus to the nearest town, and the cost of ANY GAME is through the roof there.

We can't look after every need of any single person.
At it's release Venice will require the original game.

Any workaround/bypass/etc.. is not planned and i won't promise anything here.
We are aware of the situation but the technical restrictions are given.
It's not impossible to bypass them but NoFaTe is on his own with that choice.

He'll decide. But i guess he did already.

Return to “General Discussion”