WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Kerrigan
Re: Blaze Emulator - First Preview

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Garrett(Pooria) wrote:EA/DICE just got humiliated a lot, can imagine how faces of their staff will look when they see it :)

Please dont tell it a humiliation.

EA/DICE missed a LOT of stuff to make their players happy.
They are unhappy with them and will be happy with us.

Garrett(Pooria)

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 pm

TheShadow wrote:
Garrett(Pooria) wrote:EA/DICE just got humiliated a lot, can imagine how faces of their staff will look when they see it :)

Please dont tell it a humiliation.

EA/DICE missed a LOT of stuff to make their players happy.
They are unhappy with them and will be happy with us.

I do tell it because they didn't want this feature to exist in the game, I remember some time ago there was a match between two teams one from Australia and other one from some country in Europe I think, many people were desirous to see the match Live and therefore saw an opportunity to ask EA/DICE on BattleLog to make this feature available not to mention they haven't even provided a way of recording a match so that it can be spectated later, so as it seems so far they didn't give a damn about desires of the community because obviously the only thing that motivates them is money, but finally barriers between players and what has been withheld from them is about to be destroyed
Last edited by Garrett(Pooria) on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

ivkoni

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm

TheShadow wrote:
ivkoni wrote:Someone must go to work for DICE :D.

To get spoiled and enslaved by them and EA ? Honestly.. no, thanks.

Just to show them how it's done, nothing more.
TwitchTV: Wat4that

Imposter

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:49 pm

ivkoni wrote:
TheShadow wrote:
ivkoni wrote:Someone must go to work for DICE :D.

To get spoiled and enslaved by them and EA ? Honestly.. no, thanks.

Just to show them how it's done, nothing more.

Exactly. :D

Effort

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:14 pm

Garrett(Pooria) wrote:I do tell it because they didn't want this feature to exist in the game, I remember some time ago there was a match between two teams one from Australia and other one from some country in Europe I think, many people were desirous to see the match Live and therefore saw an opportunity to ask EA/DICE on BattleLog to make this feature available not to mention they haven't even provided a way of recording a match so that it can be spectated later, so as it seems so far they didn't give a damn about desires of the community because obviously the only thing that motivates them is ($), but finally barriers between players and what has been withheld from them is about to be destroyed

Speaking of Australia, Would you guys consider me for the beta stage as i would like to get battlefield going at lans and a head start on how the backend works and how to set it up would really help.

dgudovic

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Effort wrote:
Garrett(Pooria) wrote:I do tell it because they didn't want this feature to exist in the game, I remember some time ago there was a match between two teams one from Australia and other one from some country in Europe I think, many people were desirous to see the match Live and therefore saw an opportunity to ask EA/DICE on BattleLog to make this feature available not to mention they haven't even provided a way of recording a match so that it can be spectated later, so as it seems so far they didn't give a damn about desires of the community because obviously the only thing that motivates them is ($), but finally barriers between players and what has been withheld from them is about to be destroyed

Speaking of Australia, Would you guys consider me for the beta stage as i would like to get Bettlefold going at lans and a head start on how the backend works and how to set it up would really help.

They´ve said they dont accept applications for closed beta,they will choose the members for Closed Beta :P
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

Kerrigan

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Effort wrote:Speaking of Australia, Would you guys consider me for the beta stage as i would like to get Bettlefold going at lans and a head start on how the backend works and how to set it up would really help.

NoFaTe wont release the emulator FYI.
He will keep it. He MIGHT implement an alternative LAN-function, but he is not focusing on addons like that and doesnt even now if its working like he thinks.

LAN is not fully save. Wait for the project to grow and we might see some new features.

Effort

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:34 pm

TheShadow wrote:NoFaTe wont release the emulator FYI.
He will keep it. He MIGHT implement an alternative LAN-function, but he is not focusing on addons like that and doesnt even now if its working like he thinks.

LAN is not fully save. Wait for the project to grow and we might see some new features.

How would you implement a lan without some sort of server? Would the co-op feature be able to handle that much chaos? That aside Its a real shame the emulator won't be publicly released but I guess you guys would have your reasons for that. I guess i'll just have to wait and see if the next enemy territory-esc game will be any good :\ .

dgudovic

Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Effort wrote:

How would you implement a lan without some sort of server? Would the co-op feature be able to handle that much chaos? That aside Its a real shame the emulator won't be publicly released but I guess you guys would have your reasons for that. I guess i'll just have to wait and see if the next enemy territory-esc game will be any good :\ .

They will publish it but not yet ...
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

Effort

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:02 pm

dgudovic wrote:
Effort wrote:

They will publish it but not yet ...

I was always more interested in the server emulator for lan events and season finals, things like that. without that battlefield competition will remain stale and dying in Australia. Don't get me wrong this is a really cool project, but i had hoped it was more so about creating a distributable server emulator.

Return to “General Discussion”