WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
dgudovic
Re: Blaze Emulator - First Preview

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm

TheShadow wrote:@ Effort

NoFaTe wont release his source code.
Also he wont release the emulator itself because THAT would be illegal and he dont want other devs to crack it up, disassemble it and modifying it or even worse make profit with it which is highly illegal too.

He said he will find a solution for offline gameplay but that is far,far away from now like i said before.

So we wont be able to play online like we do in Rome ..... ?
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

Kerrigan

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:17 pm

dgudovic wrote:So we wont be able to play online like we do in Rome ..... ?

No one said that.

He keeps the emulator for providing the backend.

He will release the CLIENT file for us to play.

Its like it is in Rome.

Vextor

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Basically, to explain what Shadow is saying, I'll first explain the server and client process in relation to the 'Blaze' backend.

Clients:
'Blaze' back-end - hosted at EA's servers.
Clients starts up - connection to EA's servers to the Blaze back-end.
Client now has verification to continue from the Blaze back-end, and the Blaze back-end will give the client usual multiplayer functions, and handles them all, such as stat management, invites, lobbies, matchmaking, etc*.

(also, I'm primarily guessing this from NoFaTe's video and personal hypothesis.)

Servers:
Server starts up - it connects to the 'Blaze' back-end, stored at EA's servers.
Blaze will now accept the server and provide it in the server list, and allow Blaze clients to connect to it as well.

(also, I'm primarily guessing this from NoFaTe's video and personal hypothesis.)

So, what will happen with Venice? Simply that the Blaze back-end will be slightly different and hosted at EmulatorNexus's servers, not EA's, and the client will connect to the EmulatorNexus version of Blaze.

As for LAN:
That will not work from the start (according to what I've seen on the forums from Moderators), as the Blaze back-end would have to be hosted on the users PC, and that would lead to leaks and stuff, which isn't good for Emulator Nexus.

So it will work 'exactly' (or very similarly) to the legitimate version of Battlefield 3. The Blaze 'emulator' will not be open source. That is all.

* Quoted from: http://blog.nofate.me/?p=28
Correct me if parts of the post are wrong/if you are a moderator, edit it please!

dgudovic

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Vextor wrote:Basically, to explain what Shadow is saying, I'll first explain the server and client process in relation to the 'Blaze' backend.

Clients:
Clients starts up - connection to EA's servers to the Blaze back-end.
Client now has verification to continue from the Blaze back-end, and the Blaze back-end will give the client usual multiplayer functions, and handles them all, such as stat management, invites, lobbies, matchmaking, etc*.

Servers:
Server starts up - it connects to the 'Blaze' back-end, stored at EA's servers.
Blaze will now accept the server and provide it in the server list, and allow Blaze clients to connect to it as well.

So, what will happen with Venice? Simply that the Blaze back-end will be slightly different and hosted at EmulatorNexus's servers, not EA's, and the client will connect to the EmulatorNexus version of Blaze.

As for LAN:
That will not work from the start (according to what I've seen on the forums from Moderators), as the Blaze back-end would have to be hosted on the users PC, and that would lead to leaks and stuff, which isn't good for Emulator Nexus.

So it will work 'exactly' (or very similarly) to the legitimate version of Bettlefold 3. The Blaze 'emulator' will not be open source. That is all.

* Quoted from: http://blog.nofate.me/?p=28
Correct me if parts of the post are wrong/if you are a moderator, edit it please!

That makes more sense tnx for explaining :D
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

WarBeast-GT-

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 pm

But is it possible to directly connect the client to the game server? This would be the easiest solution for lan.

MaxLightning

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Out of curiosity what is the point of not releasing the emulator? Unless NoFate plans to make a profit on it in the future then is it not by all means pointless to not share the code? I suppose it could be about pride and street cred'. Haha.

Kerrigan

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:52 pm

WarBeast-GT- wrote:But is it possible to directly connect the client to the game server? This would be the easiest solution for lan.

No. It is not that easy.

Like in Rome there is a backend required. A master server.
For Rome it is Plasma, for Venice it is Blaze.

The games were developed with the function that they have to connect to a master server FIRST before they can connect to game servers that are ALSO connected to the master server.

LAN would mean a bypass from the required master server. A local emulation or the function cut out entirely.

But NoFaTe still doesnt know if that works.

Venice will start off, like Rome, online only. All further features that might be implemented will follow at their indivudual time.

Kerrigan

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:54 pm

MaxLightning wrote:Out of curiosity what is the point of not releasing the emulator? Unless NoFate plans to make a profit on it in the future then is it not by all means pointless to not share the code? I suppose it could be about pride and street cred'. Haha.

- Its his project
- Its his code
- Other devs could claim it as their own work, also they could do shit with it
- They could steal the source code
- He cant trust anyone (he could trust the staff but he even wont do that = he wont give it to us either. Not even for private usage. No exceptions)

Enough reasons ?

MadbaLL

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:37 am

i'm fully with nofate. it's his project and he doesn't need to release it in public (sourcecode).

i don't know why you guys asking for it? respect the work he does and be happy with what you'll get.

some things are not for masses, they are private and should always stay private. just simply respect that and don't ask for more!

ceckin

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:51 am

WarBeast-GT- wrote:But is it possible to directly connect the client to the game server? This would be the easiest solution for lan.

Because the repacks will flood the internet and there won't be a single quality service out there (not to mention someone is going to repack it and start selling it).

I only hope NoFate will begin to share more details around his research (not source or anything like that, but snippets and info mainly about reversing reversing) on his blog. Cause i bet the knowledge you can gain from the author speaking about reversing the software trumps the amount of source code said author can release. Anyway keep up the good work.

Return to “General Discussion”