WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
rukqoa
Re: Bed Companion 2 Mod Tools v2.0

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Oh yeah you guys need the 32bit version of ScintillaNet.dll
http://scintillanet.codeplex.com/releases/view/93424

Ryuop

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks, now it´s working. Good job..

emi-liano

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:14 am

Hi, this looks awesome, but i can't see any of the dbx files, the left side of the bfbc2 mod tool is always blank, i dont see any code to edit, please give me a clue or something. thanks

rukqoa

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

emi-liano wrote:Hi, this looks awesome, but i can't see any of the dbx files, the left side of the bfbc2 mod tool is always blank, i dont see any code to edit, please give me a clue or something. thanks

You need to have extracted an fbrb archive.

emi-liano

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:30 am

thank for the reply; Yes i have a fbrb file, a lot of them, but there is some files thath doesn't show the code in the respectives dbx, but this is only in some files, i managed to find out the names of the files you have to edit just now; like level-00.fbrb in the levls folder or the one that is in mp_common etc.
i been playing this game for years now, and when i saw Mod Tools working on my screen it was the glory rebirth o one of my favorites, thanks to you, and other modders...

can you tell me something about how to expand the borders of maps? i was able to change the map height with the helicopter, but i have no change in the borders limits when on foot.
i wanna do something like you did in port valdez in your server(Mod Testing West Coast), that i didn't have the luck to try.
thank you again.
see you on my server. rancho server

rukqoa

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:35 am

Search for "combatarea" and set the enabled flag to false.

emi-liano

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:51 am

Thanks it work great, (the combatarea thing) is unbelievable, all the sectors of the map availables; Fun, but it is like too much, you can see and get to zones with lowres, invisible walls, bugs and so. i will have to find a way of regulate the boundaries limit, not just turning it off.
can you give some directons?, i just need information sources about editing bc2 parameters, something to read and learn, so i don't bother you anymore,
anything will be usefull to me... thank you for time, and for your work.

rukqoa

Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 am

There's no source to read because these are probably all automatically handled by DICE's tools in house. If there's a wiki somewhere I could contribute to it...
For boundaries, search for areageometry or something like that. Those are the boundary waypoints, defined by their transform coordinates. The last three nonzero numbers in that field are x, z, y respectively. The map coordinates are Cartesian with reversed Y.

emi-liano

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 am

ooh very fast reply, i was afraid that you might say that, that means we are making the wiki right now with this chat, i bring the cuestions and curiosity and you bring the anwers and knowledge, thanks again.
I have like 470 results of the search areageometry and all seems to be refered to objects, no global value or some easy way, i am gointo examine them, change the values of the coordinates and see what happend.
About adding vehicles to maps (not new vehicles, just clones) i didn't have any luck in that, every time i try to add one the game crash before loading screen. how i try to add the vehicles? i copy and paste the code of some vehicle then, i change the guid, change the respawnrange 15+, and place the guid again in object list at the top of the dbx . What i am doing wrong ?
thanks for the help and keep the good work!
Last edited by emi-liano on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”