WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Phoqe
Re: Comcat - Server Control Panel

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:06 pm

A little update for you, I've been re-writing a new class to include the other classes (like: Logging). The server class is to allow the community to create extensions, it has information containing if the server is started and so on. There is some other features as well, but I will come to that after I've been on vacation. I will just be gone four days and will come back to work on Comcat for most of my time, and since I go to school I may also be able to write on the project from there. So alot of time to spend, I have faith in this project, and I wouldn't like to see it abandoned.

ACanadianKernel

Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Well if you can make it some how better then procon then ill give it a try.
Canadian Internet for the win!
My Servers Specs
My Servers That I Host

Phoqe

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Hello, I am writing this update to present an upcoming feature.
Schedule System

I got this idea from the project McMyAdmin, which is basicly a server control panel for Minecraft. This is how it looks on the McMyAdmin dashboard, PIC.

Now, while this feature is just upcoming I have alot of bugs and stuff to fix. Another is also connecting the panel with the server so it can it can read it's statistics and so on.

weavii

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:56 am

I can't think of events that need to be scheduled on bc2 servers. Maybe clearing logs or so. Can you add a feature to restart the server remotely?

Phoqe

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:08 pm

weavii wrote:I can't think of events that need to be scheduled on bc2 servers. Maybe clearing logs or so. Can you add a feature to restart the server remotely?

Since logs are automated there is no need for clearing logs, but maybe to echo server messages or announcements.
For example, a server-hoster may want to advertise their website and then they will make a schedule to do that every 5 minutes or so. Also I don't get what you mean by restarting the server remotely? Do you mean to force a restart either from the web, mobile, or another computer? Correct me if I am wrong.

himapapa

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Phoqe wrote:Also I don't get what you mean by restarting the server remotely? Do you mean to force a restart either from the web, mobile, or another computer? Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, that's the point. Restart server out of the frontend.

Phoqe

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:31 pm

himapapa wrote:
Phoqe wrote:Also I don't get what you mean by restarting the server remotely? Do you mean to force a restart either from the web, mobile, or another computer? Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, that's the point. Restart server out of the frontend.

Yeah, there will be support for this as well. What would the web-panel be without remote management.

weavii

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Any progress on this?

AlexEe

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:11 am

weavii wrote:Any progress on this?

We chatted a few weeks ago, and he said he is currently too busy to resume working on Comcat.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

Phoqe

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Sorry if this is a little late out, but I felt like I had to say something. I am currently busy as Alex mentioned, but I will soon have time to resume or even re-create the whole project. As of now I am learning more about programming, and will soon start at a new school where they also teach programming. And maybe, if I think it's worth it since Venice looks very interesting. Heck we might even support Venice one day, well just wanted to let you all know. This is not the last you'll see of me.
Have a great day, and keep having fun!
Phoqe

Return to “General Discussion”