WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Phoqe
Re: Bed Companion 2 Server Control

Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 pm

himapapa wrote:Besides B3 and B3 plugins?

I know

- Procon with Plugins https://forum.myrcon.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Plugins
- BC2CC (no further support)
- rconNET (build in plugins; no further support)

Thank you, I will have a look at these.

weavii

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:06 pm

I think it is a great idea. It should be something like rconnet but with focus on extension system. Oh and also please so memory leaks (procon)
Seriously, as hima stated we have some points we gathered while hosting servers.

Phoqe

Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:57 pm

weavii wrote:I think it is a great idea. It should be something like rconnet but with focus on extension system. Oh and also please so memory leaks (procon)
Seriously, as hima stated we have some points we gathered while hosting servers.

What do you mean with the memory leaks part? :?:

weavii

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Phoqe wrote:
weavii wrote:I think it is a great idea. It should be something like rconnet but with focus on extension system. Oh and also please so memory leaks (procon)

What do you mean with the memory leaks part? :?:

We had some issues where Procon blew up and took ridiculous amounts of RAM until it crashed. It happened several times but we could not reproduce the error, maybe it was just one of the plugins. CPU usage also increased constantly until it almost froze the whole box, but I have no idea what caused that. Running procon with very few plugins and in console mode for few months now without any problems.

Phoqe

Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Oh okay, well there is always a place for improvement everywhere.
On a more serious note: I began with the project when I saw the feedback, and I've come somewhere atleast. I am not sure if I should write the features here or maybe create a repository on GitHub as RobbingHood said.

himapapa

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:51 am

It mainly depends on the way you want to do your development. GitHub would be useful if you want to collaborate with others imho.

RobbingHood

Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Plus you can let people submit issues on GitHub (like we do with Venice). And, as I said, you could fork the BukkitGUI so you don't need to bother with basic stuff.

Phoqe

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:20 pm

I am new to this GitHub stuff, and I am not such an open-book as most people are. I'll probably do it when this has gotten somewhere, well progress has been made atleast.

AlexEe

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Phoqe wrote:I am new to this GitHub stuff, and I am not such an open-book as most people are. I'll probably do it when this has gotten somewhere, well progress has been made atleast.

I can create a private repo for the beginning, contact me if you are interested.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

weavii

Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Any news?

Return to “General Discussion”