WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
3rd EmulatorNexus Community Event Announcement!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:22 am

Welcome to the third establishment of Nexus' Community Events. Just like before, the event will focus mainly on having fun with friends and new people alike, all part of the wonderful Community EmulatorNexus has gathered. For more info on the event, read the following:

EVENT IS OVER

How long will the event run for?
Due to the 3x XP boost, to not make anyone feel cheated on because of problems or appointments, the event will run for the whole day.The official start time will be 4PM GMT on the 4th of May and it will run until 4PM GMT, 5th of May (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/). Check in with your time by selecting your country on the list to get the precise hour but you can join at any point.

Will there be mods?
The short answer is No. Previous Community Events did prove to be successful in their own league, having 10-16 players on the server with Modifications is quite an achievement, however, I have taken a note in past events and realized that the main issue with them is either not having the proper map/gamemode combination or the proper motivation to download a half gigabyte rar with some still not finished modifications.

What maps will we play?
For this 3rd event, the choice will be placed entirely in the people's nominations and as such, rather than using a Poll system to determine the proper map/gamemode combination and complicate things, I encourage anyone, who wishes to participate and/or wants to give some advice on how to better this third gathering, to give their favorite map/gamemode combination and depending on how many there are of the same kind, we will place them in higher priority (such as the most mentioned Map/Gamemode combination will be 1st in the map rotation, the second most mentioned will be 2nd and so on).

Will there be Vietnam maps mixed in with Normal maps?
Depends entirely on the Community's preference.

Who will host the TeamSpeak server?
Again, that is up to the players to decide. I can provide a TeamSpeak server myself or you can offer your own as a way to advertise or overall just feel more comfortable in your own place. If you want to host a TS3 server for the event, leave a reply.

Who will host the Event Server?
Personally, I'd nominate du4 and RepZ but since they already hosted the past 2 events, I'd say if anyone wants to advertise their servers to hop on now, as this is the best time to get noted for good server management and hopefully some good reputation. Individual server hosters can also apply, again, by just replying to the thread bellow. Keep in mind we will need constant Admin on the server or at least a working vote function.

Will there be 2x XP?
Double? Third time's the charm, so why not go for 3x? That's right! No trick here! The Community Event server will run 3x XP for the time it's being up. Anyone can join since there will be no mods so feel free to hop on, if even, only for a while. This is your chance to grab some equipment if you're having trouble or lost your stats by any chance. I wouldn't recommend you to abuse this, though. If possible, do join us on TeamSpeak for the real fun experience of playing with others.

That's all the basic information for now. Keep following this thread for updates on the Event and I hope to see you all pretty soon.
Last edited by mizudg on Mon May 05, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.

MAGIC

Re: 3rd EmulatorNexus Community Event Announcement!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:29 am

Could host the Teamspeakserver again

SylarTL

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:08 am

I was wondering when would this be happening,yay. About the map/gamemode,i would like more Vietnam and since it will be running a whole day there is time for everything.

himapapa

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 am

DU4 is ready to host the event, provide teamspeak or do both. :)

mizudg

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:53 am

himapapa wrote:DU4 is ready to host the event, provide teamspeak or do both. :)

Who will host the Event Server?
Personally, I'd nominate du4 and RepZ but since they already hosted the past 2 events, I'd say if anyone wants to advertise their servers to hop on now...

In case of no willing participants, I'll take that into consideration but since you've already hosted one event, I've taken into account giving others the chance to shine :)

mouz

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:55 am

Tell me about the philosophy behind the xp multiplier

himapapa

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 pm

mizudg wrote:In case of no willing participants, I'll take that into consideration but since you've already hosted one event, I've taken into account giving others the chance to shine :)

Just take it as a fallback option. :)

mizudg

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:10 pm

mouz wrote:Tell me about the philosophy behind the xp multiplier

It's to expand the interest in the event. Future events will have 2x XP as per usual, however, for this event being that it's the third, we will be hosting 3x XP for everyone who joins for the whole day, to not let anyone feel cheated out on the time of the event.

mouz

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:38 pm

mizudg wrote:It's to expand the interest in the event. Future events will have 2x XP as per usual, however, for this event being that it's the third, we will be hosting 3x XP for everyone who joins for the whole day, to not let anyone feel cheated out on the time of the event.

I find that rather low, I play for fun, not for points. Anyone who plays or joins for the points and points alone has no place in the server, it's about having a good time. What are you gonna do with players that lurk around for the points. It will have players no matter how you look at it. Better have some players that communicate and have fun than lots that are here for the points. That's just my opinion.

mizudg

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:09 pm

The server will run for an entire day. It's good to have some promotion done around the server as well. In the end, people joined the Community Event before without having the Mods DLC so that kind of speaks for itself. If we don't allow everyone to join in and promote this in some way, the Event may as well have 10 people in it total.

Return to “General Discussion”