WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TheSergeantArc
Re: 3rd EmulatorNexus Community Event Announcement!

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:34 pm

I don't see the point of playing without the mods, cause it will just be the normal game, nothing fun. It would be awesome to play on Vietnam Strike map pack that baubau and mc kyst made.

mizudg

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:54 pm

TheSergeantArc wrote:I don't see the point of playing without the mods, cause it will just be the normal game, nothing fun. It would be awesome to play on Vietnam Strike map pack that baubau and mc kyst made.

Well, obviously you missed on the last events. We didn't have that many people and when we had normal map rotation in it at one point, people did in fact join the server and fill it, after which we were left with ~10 because the maps went back to Modded maps. It's pretty much been a test so far as to how much people can read. It's not like I didn't warn 2 weeks in advance with giant text saying "DOWNLOAD MODS HERE AND PUT THEM IN YOUR FOLDER". So yeah, this one won't have mods and it will have boosted XP as an add-on. It seems perfect too since lately many have said that they lost their stats and this will be a good way to get the Community who has less unlocks to have more unlocks. More gadgets to mess around with is funner to experiment and play the game more. It works to this game's strenghts, as well as BF3's. Sadly, not for BF4 though.

himapapa

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Mizudg is quite right regarding to clientside maps. It just didnt work out.

May I draw the attention to my questions I posted l little time ago

"Are modded maps acceptable, which work without clientside downloads?"

mizudg

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:50 pm

himapapa wrote:Mizudg is quite right regarding to clientside maps. It just didnt work out.

May I draw the attention to my questions I posted l little time ago

"Are modded maps acceptable, which work without clientside downloads?"

Yes, but for the sake of gameplay, I don't think Laguna Presa Large will fit the lower ticket-rates and normal vehicle spawn times.. + It will have a lot of camping. If you have any other server-sided map modifications, let me see them and we'll decide

RobbingHood

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:40 pm

himapapa wrote:So, we got two point of views concering maps/gamemodes right now. Anybody else got an opinion? :D

Atacama is a must-have imo. I'd also go for Panama Canal and Harvest Day.

capitansolo

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:46 pm

mizudg wrote:
himapapa wrote:
mizudg wrote:Then promote the maps and modes combinations you want.

Hey, if it's up to me I would choose HM CQ 24/7! :D

Seriously, as we could have lots of players this time, I would rather suggest to make to servers: One conquest, one rush. I experienced many players stucking to "their" gamemode. The event is planned for a whole day, so this strategy could work out.

Imho rotating maps.

Rush could be:
- Valparaiso
- Laguna Presa
- Isla Inocenta

Conquest (500 tickes max)
- Heavy metal
- Atacama desert
- Port Valdez

Are modded maps acceptable, which work without clientside downloads?

I don't think Heavy Metal would be a good choice though. I already stated why in past posts. The map is just too open and bland. At least Atacama has the fog and a lot more building/ship cover for example. And it'd be nice to have 300-400 tickets due to 500 maybe taking too long to finish considering this is BC2 and it has a limitation of 3-4 flags

I'll promote Oasis and Atacama for Rush, as well as Laguna Presa(normal one) and Panama Canal for Conquest. I think that all of those are balanced in their own ways

It would be nice is white pass will be available too

MAGIC

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Why not put all maps in the maprotation - 200 tickets and done

mizudg

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:02 pm

MAGIC wrote:Why not put all maps in the maprotation - 200 tickets and done

Because there are some maps which people despise and some which they love. Besides, it will be mixed Rush-CQ so don't bet on tickets solving everything since a CQ game can last so short and a Rush game can take up to 30 minutes in some cases. What's your favorite maps for which gamemode, also?

MAGIC

Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:12 pm

I dont really have a fav. map. I play the maps which are in the rotation :D I only prefer not full servers (max 18-20 players)

blackhawkfalled

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:37 am

Seriously, if you mixed Vietnam and Vanilla Rush and conquest.
They'll all go crazy.

Return to “General Discussion”