WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Re: 3rd EmulatorNexus Community Event Announcement!

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:09 am

zesty wrote:
mizudg wrote:I am sorry but we won't be using your services (in China) to host for European players. I don't think that anyone would like to suffer through 300 ping so I think that if you're going to host an event, you can schedule your own or you can time it with ours. Whichever you like best, we still haven't pinpointed the exact time for it so there's still enough to decide on what to do until then.

Won't multiple server would be cool if Asian players can also get it into event? Seriously only one event server is so unacceptable and unfair for participating this event.

I'll just let the Bold text speak for itself.

himapapa

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 am

@mizudg: You have something like a time-table? The point is: Event will start in about 1,5 weeks. The sooner all of the organization/hosting issues are done, the sooner the advertisment could start. Advertisment needs specific details. Imho this will be one of the basic keys to make the event a success.

mizudg

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:52 am

himapapa wrote:@mizudg: You have something like a time-table? The point is: Event will start in about 1,5 weeks. The sooner all of the organization/hosting issues are done, the sooner the advertisment could start. Advertisment needs specific details. Imho this will be one of the basic keys to make the event a success.

We still don't have any unofficial host suggestions. I'll wait another day or two and decide on what to do afterwards.

mizudg

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:16 am

Arszilla wrote:
mizudg wrote:
himapapa wrote:@mizudg: You have something like a time-table? The point is: Event will start in about 1,5 weeks. The sooner all of the organization/hosting issues are done, the sooner the advertisment could start. Advertisment needs specific details. Imho this will be one of the basic keys to make the event a success.

We still don't have any unofficial host suggestions. I'll wait another day or two and decide on what to do afterwards.

Just wondering:

WHY DOESNT EA DO THIS?

Support for a game older than a year? Are you crazy? That'll bring such good reputation it will ruin them!

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:25 am

I personally would appreciate having only one server and server hoster :)

But running the event for two days wouldn't hurt either. Saturday + Sunday for example.

I don't know if I can be there yet. But it's more likely I'll actually play as long no clientside mods are required.
The same probably goes for the biggest part of the playerbase.
There used to be a signature here.

himapapa

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:23 am

Rodney wrote:... But it's more likely I'll actually play as long no clientside mods are required. The same probably goes for the biggest part of the playerbase.

I think that's one of the "lessons learned" from the two events we already had: No clientside mods.

Just a reminder: We have not discussed map/gamemode combination yet, nor we got any suggestions. Time is passing fast...

mizudg

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:46 am

Then promote the maps and modes combinations you want. Retention hasn't been very high and we still have roughly 9 more days to decide. It's more than enough since setting all of that takes no more than an hour in advance.

P.S. - More info on time of the event and runtime are in the initial post. Read the "How long will the event run for?"

himapapa

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:53 am

mizudg wrote:Then promote the maps and modes combinations you want.

Hey, if it's up to me I would choose HM CQ 24/7! :D

Seriously, as we could have lots of players this time, I would rather suggest to make to servers: One conquest, one rush. I experienced many players stucking to "their" gamemode. The event is planned for a whole day, so this strategy could work out.

Imho rotating maps.

Rush could be:
- Valparaiso
- Laguna Presa
- Isla Inocenta

Conquest (500 tickes max)
- Heavy metal
- Atacama desert
- Port Valdez

Are modded maps acceptable, which work without clientside downloads?

mizudg

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:19 pm

himapapa wrote:
mizudg wrote:Then promote the maps and modes combinations you want.

Hey, if it's up to me I would choose HM CQ 24/7! :D

Seriously, as we could have lots of players this time, I would rather suggest to make to servers: One conquest, one rush. I experienced many players stucking to "their" gamemode. The event is planned for a whole day, so this strategy could work out.

Imho rotating maps.

Rush could be:
- Valparaiso
- Laguna Presa
- Isla Inocenta

Conquest (500 tickes max)
- Heavy metal
- Atacama desert
- Port Valdez

Are modded maps acceptable, which work without clientside downloads?

I don't think Heavy Metal would be a good choice though. I already stated why in past posts. The map is just too open and bland. At least Atacama has the fog and a lot more building/ship cover for example. And it'd be nice to have 300-400 tickets due to 500 maybe taking too long to finish considering this is BC2 and it has a limitation of 3-4 flags

I'll promote Oasis and Atacama for Rush, as well as Laguna Presa(normal one) and Panama Canal for Conquest. I think that all of those are balanced in their own ways

himapapa

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 pm

mizudg wrote:I'll promote Oasis and Atacama for Rush, as well as Laguna Presa(normal one) and Panama Canal for Conquest. I think that all of those are balanced in their own ways

So, we got two point of views concering maps/gamemodes right now. Anybody else got an opinion? :D

Return to “General Discussion”