WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TheSergeantArc
Re: Competitive Matches

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:10 pm

mizudg wrote:
himapapa wrote:
TheSergeantArc wrote:Game Mode: Conquest or Squad Rush; Maps: Laguna Alta and Other small maps; Kits and Weapons: Let's disable the medic kit and attachments for weapons, so it will be harder to play.

I got your point of view. Let's see what the others have to say. :)

I say someone, who is capable of doing it, just make a 1-flag map with 50 tickets for example. It's possible, adding, moving or overall stripping flags off the map has been shown in the past by both Rodney and BauBau. What's left is to find someone who wants to do it for the event :lol: Conquest 5v5, regardless of which map, if with 3 or 4 flags will be too much. Not to even mention squad management if it's a 5v5. Should be either 4v4 or 8v8 as a 5v5 would result in 4:1 or 3:2 squad members ratio.

It would be awesome if Rodney or Baubau make for us a one flag map :)

RobbingHood

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:52 pm

himapapa wrote:I was wondering if I should post a link on the german part of this forum, too. But I dont know if this would be classified as spamming... :oops:

@RobbingHood: Is it ok to do so (spread in other parts of the forum)?

Genereally, it's ok to do so.
However note that everybody who wants to participate needs to be able to understand english anyway (because of TS communication), and therefore should be able to read this topic without a translation.

Feel free to post it in the regional forum to attract some attention though.

himapapa

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:07 pm

RobbingHood wrote:Genereally, it's ok to do so.
However note that everybody who wants to participate needs to be able to understand english anyway (because of TS communication), and therefore should be able to read this topic without a translation.

Feel free to post it in the regional forum to attract some attention though.

Thx. :)

I know about the requirement to speak/understand english. But in fact I for myself was looking into the regional forum most of the time. I would have even missed the event, but fortunately mouz drew my attention to this forum.

So, to avoid more noobs like me ;) I will give a hint into the german forum.

mizudg wrote:I say someone, who is capable of doing it, just make a 1-flag map with 50 tickets for example. It's possible, adding, moving or overall stripping flags off the map has been shown in the past by both Rodney and BauBau. What's left is to find someone who wants to do it for the event :lol: Conquest 5v5, regardless of which map, if with 3 or 4 flags will be too much. Not to even mention squad management if it's a 5v5. Should be either 4v4 or 8v8 as a 5v5 would result in 4:1 or 3:2 squad members ratio.

Well, give me a break, I will ask our weavii if he would be able to do it in any way.

weavii

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 pm

himapapa wrote:
mizudg wrote:I say someone, who is capable of doing it, just make a 1-flag map with 50 tickets for example. It's possible, adding, moving or overall stripping flags off the map has been shown in the past by both Rodney and BauBau. What's left is to find someone who wants to do it for the event :lol: Conquest 5v5, regardless of which map, if with 3 or 4 flags will be too much. Not to even mention squad management if it's a 5v5. Should be either 4v4 or 8v8 as a 5v5 would result in 4:1 or 3:2 squad members ratio.

Well, give me a break, I will ask our weavii if he would be able to do it in any way.

I haven't had a look at modding entities, but it should be possible after some trial and error. But if some experienced modder like bau did it, I would be more than happy :mrgreen:

himapapa

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:47 pm

mouz wrote:Although I'd love to be a part of this, RepZ doesn't have a competitive team since there were no teams to compete with at the first place. My semester is starting in 2 days so I really don't have time for this right now. If this turns out to be a big success RepZ will start recruiting players for bc2 (full team + captain). Expect us to recruit for Venice as soon it comes out (since it supports spectators) we could host tournaments for it and maybe even have it broadcasted live.

Well, in my point of view it's better not to seperate Rome and Venice when it's up to competitive matches.

Why? Many players came from BC2 to BF3 and were deeply disappointed. So they turned their back towards BF3. The way leading players to Venice will be that way, which is given by this forum: Via Rome.

If we successfully manage to bring competitive matches to Rome, it will be more easier to adopt it to Venice (yes, I know, it has spectator abilities :) ). But let me underline my point: If we put effort into getting competitive matches to Rome, we should do it in the similar way for Venice. We certainly will have many aspects, which are basicly the same for Rome as for Venice competitive's gameplay.

Perhaps we could find some more volunteers to do some "brain-storming" together and setup a strategy.

I hope all this does not sound too theoretical... :oops:

TheSergeantArc

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:55 pm

himapapa wrote:
mouz wrote:Although I'd love to be a part of this, RepZ doesn't have a competitive team since there were no teams to compete with at the first place. My semester is starting in 2 days so I really don't have time for this right now. If this turns out to be a big success RepZ will start recruiting players for bc2 (full team + captain). Expect us to recruit for Venice as soon it comes out (since it supports spectators) we could host tournaments for it and maybe even have it broadcasted live.

Well, in my point of view it's better not to seperate Rome and Venice when it's up to competitive matches.

Why? Many players came from BC2 to BF3 and were deeply disappointed. So they turned their back towards BF3. The way leading players to Venice will be that way, which is given by this forum: Via Rome.

If we successfully manage to bring competitive matches to Rome, it will be more easier to adopt it to Venice (yes, I know, it has spectator abilities :) ). But let me underline my point: If we put effort into getting competitive matches to Rome, we should do it in the similar way for Venice. We certainly will have many aspects, which are basicly the same for Rome as for Venice competitive's gameplay.

Perhaps we could find some more volunteers to do some "brain-storming" together and setup a strategy.

I hope all this does not sound too theoretical... :oops:

Bad Company 2 has spectator mode too (UAV with disabled HUD)

MAGIC

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:42 pm

TheSergeantArc wrote:Bed Companion 2 has spectator mode too (UAV with disabled HUD)

But you have to join a team in order to use the UAV...

AlexEe

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:05 pm

We definitely have to organize a competitive tournament after the release of VU.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

mizudg

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:07 pm

TheSergeantArc wrote:Bed Companion 2 has spectator mode too (UAV with disabled HUD)

Have you even read what we were discussing throughout this topic.. I already mentioned the possibility for recording the game as a UAV non-player. Rodney said it's possible to add the UAV to a map much like the helicopters to maps which don't have them. The only thing left to do is the 1-flag thing if the Conquest idea seems fair, however, in my opinion, most maps wouldn't fit the requirements for 1-flag as it would become either too crowded with less flanking routes or too open with too many flanking routes. 4v4 CQ with 1 flag is a possibility, however, in case of such, there needs to be some rules as to what is allowed and what not + a suitable edited map with changed spawns and no vehicles + a part of the map rather than the whole thing ( a good example of such I can give it SqRush vs Rush comparison. Try playing Valparaiso or pretty much any other Rush map that has Squad Rush and you'll see).

himapapa

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:47 am

Let's try to give things a bit of a structure. :)

In my opinion it's hard to decide about maps and gamemods, if we don't know how many clans with how many players will participate.

So, what do we need imho?

1. Infrastructure
a) Announcement, Scorecards, Results, Clans participating
Recommendation: On EN-Forum (if it would be fine for the staff)
b) Gameserver, TS-Server

2. Organization
a) Planning/scheduling games, "referee", publishing results
b) Prepare/prearrange maps to play on (different types depending on number of players)

Those two steps can be done for Rome and most similar Venice, too.

-------------

DU4-View :)

- We are ready to take part, we will be able to join with a 8-player-team
- We could provide infrastructure (gameserver and TS-server)
- We would like to be involved in all steps of organization

Maps:
As we can play with a 8-player-team and we are in need for uav I would suggest a map like heavy metal (advantage: There would be no need for modification the map, every player should be used to it). DU4 would prefer all kinds of vehicles in that map, as a 16 player match (8 vs 8) is ready for that.
If matches would be organized with less players per clan (e.g. 4 players) I totally agree with mizudg for the need of a small area map with uav as specator.

Return to “General Discussion”