WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
freired
Re: [TUTORIAL] Hosting server on Linux

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Oh! Hi, CactuPie!
Well...the traffic increased not because of the remote admin, but cause they are a group that plays a lot. About the code, i thought that would only make the server not show the messages. But I'll try it out anyway! Thanks as always, man! Huge fan! Ow, I'm "twentyfirst" on the IRC channel...
Last edited by freired on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CactusPie

Re: [TUTORIAL] Hosting server on Linux

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 am

These error messages are common on both Windows and Linux, there is no way to fix them as far as I know. You can however ignore them, just add this to your startup parameters:

Code: Select all

-displayErrors 0 -displayAsserts 0

As for dropping packets, I don't think that the remote admin would really increase the traffic THAT much. If you wanna mess around with QoS anyway, you could prioritize traffic on server ports as well as remote admin access port.

Donmae

Re: [Dicussion] Hosting server on Linux

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello again!, thanks in advance.

my servers stop working when you load people.

and now what happens is that it gives memory access error when starting

I do not understand the error "p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

start_kill.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
kill -9 `ps x | grep Frost | grep -v grep | gawk '{print $1}'`
killall Xvfb 2> /dev/null
killall x11vnc 2> /dev/null
Xvfb :1 -screen 0 800x600x16 &
x11vnc -display :1  -bg -forever -rfbauth ~/.vnc/passwd
export DISPLAY=:1

wine bf2rush.exe -port 19567 -numGameClientSlots 32 -serverInstancePath "Instance/" -heartBeatInterval 20000 -plasmaServerLog 1 -region EU -displayErrors 1 -displayAsserts 1 -crashDumpAsserts 1 -crashDumpErrors 1 -timeStampLogNames -mapPack2Enabled 1

Return to “General Discussion”