WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Paulofonta
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup your own server

Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:02 pm

I was using LAN IP instead of localhost, just as I'm used to do with IW5M
Still, I checked with "netstat -a" and it's indeed listening to my LAN IP on port 48888
Procon worked, but I would preffer using b3, since most server hosts are used to it.
So, it's a fact that rcon works (Procon does). So, either I'm having some problem with the sockets, or b3 bfbc2.py parser needs some teaking to work with "Rome".
It's also a fact that I haven't been so active on it these days. But I'll take a deeper look into it this weekend or next week.

EDIT: resetting the sockets worked! b3 is now working with "Rome" ;)

GOWB

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Paulofonta wrote:EDIT: resetting the sockets worked! b3 is now working with "Rome" ;)

what version of b3 your using plz ?
if you can post a TUT for running server under b3 plz :)

Paulofonta

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 am

I'm using version 1.8.1 python, but any version wich has Bfbc2Parser v2.3 will do it.
It's even easier than setting up b3 for cod games, since you don't even need to read a gamelog on this game server.
If you want my advice, install whatever version you want of b3 (it can even be a binary version with sqlite, if you only want it for rcon) and then build your xml here -> http://config.bigbrotherbot.net/
hint: I don't advice you to check any of the "External Plugins", unless you have a MySQL database ready and want to use xlrstats

nikola.demic

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Nice! :D
But, I want only PHU BAI VALLEY map... how can I do this? (I dont know the map name)

CactusPie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:19 pm

nikola.demic wrote:Nice! :D
But, I want only PHU BAI VALLEY map... how can I do this? (I dont know the map name)

Conquest - levels/nam_mp_006cq
Rush - levels/nam_mp_006r
Squad Deathmatch - levels/nam_mp_006sdm
Squad Rush - levels/nam_mp_006sr

nikola.demic

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:00 pm

CactusPie wrote:

No, I want only Phu Bai Valley map...... How can I setup this map?

CactusPie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:02 pm

nikola.demic wrote:
CactusPie wrote:

No, I want only Phu Bai Valley map...... How can I setup this map?

I've given you names of this map for each game mode. Pick one and put it into your maplist.txt along with the name of your game mode.

Paulofonta

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 pm

NoFaTe wrote:Since re-coding the entire command registration and execution system would be a pain in the ass, I might just introduce a way to execute specific commands in the next update.

I've been testing and seems that you can have several rcon tools connected to a server at the same time.
I opened a server and then got both b3 and procon running on that same server, at the same time. I executed commands from one and another rcon tool, to see if one might eventually disconnect the other, and they didn't.
Wich means that the server's console could actually be a built-in rcon tool that would grab rcon port and password for that instance on server startup and act just like a normal console, but working in rcon (because it wouldn't mess with other rcon tools running on the server)

GOWB

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 am

Paulofonta wrote:I'm using version 1.8.1 python, but any version wich has Bfbc2Parser v2.3 will do it.
It's even easier than setting up b3 for cod games, since you don't even need to read a gamelog on this game server.
If you want my advice, install whatever version you want of b3 (it can even be a binary version with sqlite, if you only want it for rcon) and then build your xml here -> http://config.bigbrotherbot.net/
hint: I don't advice you to check any of the "External Plugins", unless you have a MySQL database ready and want to use xlrstats

thnaks man , that was help full like old days in 4d1

thetruestarr1337

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 pm

I cant find the download for the server files.. any1 can give me one?

Return to “General Discussion”