WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
RobbingHood
Re: [Discussion] How to setup your own server

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:17 pm

/Instance/AdminScripts.Startup.txt

esG

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks for helping me RH, but I still got few questions :)
In server browser it says that my server has got 999ping but playing on it there is no lag problem. Is my Comodo firewall to blame or is there something else? How can I save my Procon settings for server? Everytime I start Procon I must change all settings for my server.

RobbingHood

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Settings can be permanently saved with the ServerOptions.ini, maplist.txt and StartUp.txt
Your firewall or router could be responsible, check for an option similar to "Reply to incoming ICMP packets"

ehxp

Mon May 19, 2014 2:09 am

can someone give the necessary server files?

MAGIC

Mon May 19, 2014 7:33 am

ehxp wrote:can someone give the necessary server files?

Ask Google

henry1995

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:21 am

Guys I'm trying to host a server in Rome..but when I host it on Rome friends near my region can connect but people from other country can't... Ping is 999 and I won't use any firewall or antivirus.... I'm hosting server via dongle with 2mbps net speed...

Is this the problem of port forwarding? If yes then tell me which are ports I need to forward...

And I want to know is there any way to host my server 24/7 online?

If anyone out there please help me.... :roll:
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”
—Albert Einstein

Syndicon

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:52 pm

@henry1995

I dont think this is a matter of your firewall since others, which i guess are not in your LAN can connect.

And yes, you can host your server 24/7 by using a dyndns service, but please consider going for a real root environment, since that would
really improve the fun in gameplay for all.

henry1995

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:06 pm

can you tell me site to host my server online...?

Dude I'm trying but still the same ping and can't join....anyways thanks for reply...
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”
—Albert Einstein

Syndicon

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Hosting your own root is not going to be a quick shot if you haven't done that before.

For the ease of use for you, google for a root server provider in your country which offers windows roots with remote desktop already set up.
This might not be the cheapest option but i guess it fits your needs.

henry1995

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:12 pm

Syndicon wrote:Hosting your own root is not going to be a quick shot if you haven't done that before.

For the ease of use for you, google for a root server provider in your country which offers windows roots with remote desktop already set up.
This might not be the cheapest option but i guess it fits your needs.

Syndicon are you talking about VPS ? because i cant understand what root server means... :shock:
—Albert Einstein

Return to “General Discussion”