WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Re: Let's have a "Community Game time"

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Sammuel wrote:
mizudg wrote:
MAGIC wrote:Can host a server aswell

No offense but I'd take the RepZ EU hosting if possible. Their servers are well-known for being top-notch will most likely provide the perfect ping balance all across Europe

Not to bad in Canada btw ;)

but yah, sounds like a fun idea 10/10 would play if it got arranged successfully also what time zone is the above in?

Everything is GMT as stated in the initial post

MAGIC

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:13 pm

mizudg wrote:No offense but I'd take the RepZ EU hosting if possible. Their servers are well-known for being top-notch will most likely provide the perfect ping balance all across Europe

Nah, it's ok :D

mouz

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:18 pm

mizudg wrote:

No offense but I'd take the RepZ EU hosting if possible. Their servers are well-known for being top-notch will most likely provide the perfect ping balance all across Europe

I'm pretty sure the ping would be the same since he's also in Frankfurt and probably uses the same hosting :)

mizudg

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:22 pm

mouz wrote:
mizudg wrote:

I'm pretty sure the ping would be the same since he's also in Frankfurt and probably uses the same hosting :)

It's the name that makes an impression, not so much the person hosting it tbh ;) RepZ is known to have the majority of great servers on Nexus so I am sure that even random people would join it, regardless of whether they know about this event or not.

MAGIC

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:39 pm

mouz wrote:I'm pretty sure the ping would be the same since he's also in Frankfurt and probably uses the same hosting :)

Nah, my server is located in Cologne :D

TheSergeantArc

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:01 pm

So what will we do on the server, just play? or make some custom game modes like zombies?

mizudg

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:27 pm

TheSergeantArc wrote:So what will we do on the server, just play? or make some custom game modes like zombies?

It will most likely have mods to increase the interest. We can test the current mods (airplanes, day-night cycle, etc) and at the same time enjoy the game. In other words - we provide the devs of the mods some feedback and we get a kick out of it too when enough players are together.

If the mods idea fails, we will have a regular game but it will be slightly different due to the coordination of the two teams. Mumble and TeamSpeak will be used depending on preferences to have an awesome game.

TheSergeantArc

Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:54 pm

Yea, that would be awesome to fly a jet on some custom map with a day-night cycle.

mizudg

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:41 pm

As the vote has decided it, the event will be this Saturday on the 15th between 4:00-8:00 PM all in GMT (Set your own country to see yours). Whether or not we will use some of the Community-made mods such as the Day-Night cycle or Airplanes (still in Beta) is up to the players to decide until the given day comes.

If there are other questions regarding when EXACTLY the event will take place, depending on the answers, we will give a more specific time short before the day for the event comes.

blueman24

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:26 pm

The poll seems to be messed up. Can you explain, how is it updated? Why there are dashes in between a few poll options?

Return to “General Discussion”