WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
VIP3R7116
HELP PLEASE

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:29 am

Hey everyone,
Im new here. I am trying to update me bfbc2 installation but after sometime i keep getting error "files not found.There might be an internet connection problem or server is down".
Can anyone tell if i can download the individual (new version) files and then replace the old ones. because the updater thing is not working out.
thnks

Sammuel

Re: HELP PLEASE

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:39 am

VIP3R7116 wrote:Hey everyone,
Im new here. I am trying to update me bfbc2 installation but after sometime i keep getting error "files not found.There might be an internet connection problem or server is down".
Can anyone tell if i can download the individual (new version) files and then replace the old ones. because the updater thing is not working out.
thnks

should go to the official BF forums/help support for this type of error.

however... have you run as admin? allowed through firewall/AV?
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

RobbingHood

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:31 pm

You can try the manual updater here:
http://www.4players.de/services/downloa ... ADID=56298

mizudg

Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:27 pm

RobbingHood wrote:You can try the manual updater here:

Automatic download without warning... for shame, Robbing!

VIP3R7116

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:31 am

Sammuel wrote:should go to the official BF forums/help support for this type of error.

however... have you run as admin? allowed through firewall/AV?

Yeah i run it as admin...
and its also allowed through firewall

VIP3R7116

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:32 am

RobbingHood wrote:You can try the manual updater here:

thnks dude it worked..

blueman24

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:51 pm

I too had a problem with updating the game to the latest version. It gave the same error of file not found . it seems that EA no more host that file. For people having problem with updating the game to the latest version, download the patch manually, run the patch exe WITH administrator rights (or else it won't work). Then it should extract the files and close itself after which the updater will start and ask if you would like to updated to latest version. Click yes and it should start updating the game from the files that were extracted. Hope this helps :D

Sammuel

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 pm

blueman24 wrote:I too had a problem with updating the game to the latest version. It gave the same error of file not found . it seems that EA no more host that file. For people having problem with updating the game to the latest version, download the patch manually, run the patch exe WITH administrator rights (or else it won't work). Then it should extract the files and close itself after which the updater will start and ask if you would like to updated to latest version. Click yes and it should start updating the game from the files that were extracted. Hope this helps :D

wat? can someone confirm?

If so then that is really really sad. (dropping assets for BFBC2 before BF1942...)
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

beastybell

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:45 am

Hmm last week, I had to install from scratch thru origami, it installed everything just fine? Strange and shame if EA really did that!

Edit: Hmm the direct link here still work tho!

BC2-Direct-Official-Link

blueman24

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:43 pm

beastybell wrote:Hmm last week, I had to install from scratch thru origami, it installed everything just fine? Strange and shame if EA really did that!

Edit: Hmm the direct link here still work tho!

BC2-Direct-Official-Link
Sammuel wrote:
blueman24 wrote:I too had a problem with updating the game to the latest version. It gave the same error of file not found . it seems that EA no more host that file. For people having problem with updating the game to the latest version, download the patch manually, run the patch exe WITH administrator rights (or else it won't work). Then it should extract the files and close itself after which the updater will start and ask if you would like to updated to latest version. Click yes and it should start updating the game from the files that were extracted. Hope this helps :D

wat? can someone confirm?

If so then that is really really sad. (dropping assets for BFBC2 before BF1942...)

I am not 100% sure but "File not found" is the error what i and op have. You know, we can never tell what EA may do based on their past record :roll:
@beastybell, origin mostly works fine and i think the problem is only with bfbc2 updater. And ya, that link seems to work fine.

Return to “General Discussion”