WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
CactusPie
Vehicles tips and tricks

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:13 pm

I figured I would make a small guide here containing a few not-so-obvious facts about the vehicles in game, as well as some tips and tricks. This will be especially useful for new players, since more experienced players will probably already know most of it.

The guide was inspired by --->this topic<---. Check it out, you can find further details about vehicles over there :)

• Alt. weapon specialization gives you tracer darts for chopper if you're a gunner (possible to launch with right mouse button) and Hellfire missiles if you're a pilot. Hellfire missiles can lock onto tracer darts and deal devastating damage to vehicle on hit. This makes for a powerful combo if both pilot and gunner use this specialization.
  • Radar specialization for vehicles not only detects nearby enemies but also explosives, which makes it useful against mines. Additionally, while detecting enemies, it only takes horizontal distance into account, which also makes it effective in chopper or UAV.
  • Smoke grenades (attached to assault rifles for instance) remove tracer darts from vehicles. This also includes smoke specialization for vehicles, which can be activated with right mouse button. This is especially useful for choppers.
  • Anti-air guns not only deal damage to choppers but also push them around a bit. This makes it much more difficult for pilot to handle the chopper.
  • Some sniper rifles also deal a little bit of damage to choppers.
  • Rockets deal more damage to tanks when they hit its back or sides. A single AT4 shot with improved demolitions at the back of a tank will leave the tank with roughly 39% of health provided that it doesn't use improved armor.
  • Carl gustav deals lowest damage (280) out of all rocket launchers. Its only advantages are speed of the rocket and splash damage.
  • It's best to use either RPG (360 damage, tracer dart compatible) or AT4 (380 damage, manually guided) against vehicles since they deal much more damage than Carl Gustav. Which one should you pick? If you need to use tracer dart use RPG. Otherwise use AT4.
  • Lay mines in hard to spot places. The best example are tree shadows near the second set of mcoms on Arica Harbor rush.
  • You can blow up enemy tank by crashing Blackhawk chopper into it. It possibly works with other choppers as well.
  • Transport boats with grenade launchers deal devastating damage to light tanks, and are capable of destroying it in a matter of seconds.
  • UAV with smoke specialization will be able to shoot three smoke grenades from the air. It can be useful for covering your team's advance or killing enemies.
  • Alt. weapon specialization will give UAV a machine gun, which you will be able to use while you are waiting for another chance to use the rockets.
  • One mine usually isn't enough to destroy a tank at full health.
  • While inside a vehicle, be careful not to stand on friendly mines. If an enemy manages to set these mines off, they will kill you too.
  • UH-60 Black Hawk and Mi-24 Hind can be repaired in mid air by passengers. It's difficult to do while the chopper is moving though, since some "hits" from repair tool may not register.
  • Humvees are faster than quad bikes.
  • Pay attention to your surroundings. If a friendly engineer tries to repair your vehicle, stop and let him repair it. If an enemy sniper just put some c4 on your tank, bail out. Just make sure he doesn't get to steal your tank as soon as you leave it :)
  • If you take a vehicle from your base, take a look around. Maybe there is someone who needs a ride and wants to go with you?
  • Stationary AT deals a lot more damage than regular rocket launchers.
  • You can swap between vehicle seats using function keys. For example: F1 - driver, F2 - gunner etc.

Nedzad

Re: Vehicles tips and tricks

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Awesome guide, thought didn't know the Carl Gustav deals lower damage, helped me a lot with gameplay. BTW thanks for mentioning my post! :D

Shaddix

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm

great guide.

some ideas to add:
- at the beginning of a match, you could wait in your vehicle until all player joined it. Some drive immediately away and wont wait.
- mi-28 hind: only one person can shoot if im right
- shoot only bursts
- if friendlyfire is allowed dont run in front of a vehicle or gun ;)
Die letzten Worte des Kampfmittelräumdienstes:
Was´n das für´n Draht???

CactusPie

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Glad to see you like the guide! :) I added a bit about removing tracer darts from vehicles. I don't know how I forgot about that.

Shaddix wrote:great guide.

some ideas to add:
- at the beginning of a match, you could wait in your vehicle until all player joined it. Some drive immediately away and wont wait.
- mi-28 hind: only one person can shoot if im right
- shoot only bursts
- if friendlyfire is allowed dont run in front of a vehicle or gun ;)

I added the first one, since as you said, mose people don't care about their teammates when they take a vehicle...
I'm sure most people already know about the rest. Thanks for suggestions!

Blackend00o

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 am

yep specially in big maps it happens to me all the time ,they just take the vehicles and drive like crazy,if waht i'm going to say is a tip for assault use the M14 EBR to unlock the C4 and put 2 C4(its in-of) on the quad or any vehicles and snick out behind a tank or something that engineer didn't blow it off ,drive directly to the target and press E to get out and blow it off remember that it dosen't blow emmidietly it's like a 1 sec or more, and don't be afraid to suicide to blow off the tank ;) you well respown any way but you well help you'r friends ,try to jump froma plain and drop C4 on a tank and make it blow,it doesn't work for the first time but you can work on it, and most of all learn to fly before taking a plane cause it can cause a lost ;)

Yoogene

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Interesting... Big respect for this help and tricks! Very useful and good know stuff :)

Kay_black_unit

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 pm

thanks man

qassouh

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Nice tips/tricks but

When Calling your team for a pickup they ignore u
Qassouh :3

Gr1ncH_HQ

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:59 am

thanks, very useful :)

axmaxmaxm2

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Hellfire missiles can lock onto tracer darts?I never know that but i remember a story
I was play in Atacama D. unlock Alt.and My teammate not get into chopper when i am Mi-28's Pliot
then i saw a AH-64 with our darts.i was very happy and use Hellfire.click right bond button and never hit AH64
so i get out of Havoc and use my M2CG to disabled AH64 :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”