WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
RobbingHood
Re: Fight for VU Project future!

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 pm

utopiate wrote:No news, no real activity in the forums, nothing. Should I just give up and delete?

(From 2016-12-15)

kiwidog

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:38 pm

RobbingHood wrote:
utopiate wrote:No news, no real activity in the forums, nothing. Should I just give up and delete?

(From 2016-12-15)

Also just saying, some of our "competitors" if you can call them that have released fully before us. They are struggling to do the basics of modding, user/community support, and have speculated to try to disassembly/reverse engineer some unreleased tools of ours. Both myself and NoFaTe are Software Engineers "irl" and we take this project very seriously. We rather spend more time getting everything correct, not just from a design, deployment, and engineering point of view, but also a user-friendliness point of view (providing SDK's and abstractions to allow people with no reverse engineering, or programming experience to use our products) than push out a quarter-assed project that struggles to succeed. Even other people who were making various tools similar to Venice Unleashed have either stalemated where they are, because they do not have the knowledge or skills, or maybe they just don't have the time that have all closed/stopped development. We want to bring you, the community, and everyone something that has never been attempted on the scale that we are doing. There are no empty promises, everything that we have mentioned to the community publicly, has, and or will be implemented. We are not getting paid for working on Venice Unleashed, so things that do provide for us (work, contracts, jobs, irl) take priority over this project. With that being said, there isn't a week that goes past that some progress hasn't been made, if this isn't the response that you were looking for, feel free to uninstall, and re-install when the project releases in full. I do know people hurt for hdd space sometimes and 40gb isn't exactly "small".
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

thetechgenius

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:58 pm

kiwidog wrote:
RobbingHood wrote:

(From 2016-12-15)

Also just saying, some of our "competitors" if you can call them that have released fully before us. They are struggling to do the basics of modding, user/community support, and have speculated to try to disassembly/reverse engineer some unreleased tools of ours. Both myself and NoFaTe are Software Engineers "irl" and we take this project very seriously. We rather spend more time getting everything correct, not just from a design, deployment, and engineering point of view, but also a user-friendliness point of view (providing SDK's and abstractions to allow people with no reverse engineering, or programming experience to use our products) than push out a quarter-assed project that struggles to succeed. Even other people who were making various tools similar to Venice Unleashed have either stalemated where they are, because they do not have the knowledge or skills, or maybe they just don't have the time that have all closed/stopped development. We want to bring you, the community, and everyone something that has never been attempted on the scale that we are doing. There are no empty promises, everything that we have mentioned to the community publicly, has, and or will be implemented. We are not getting paid for working on Venice Unleashed, so things that do provide for us (work, contracts, jobs, irl) take priority over this project. With that being said, there isn't a week that goes past that some progress hasn't been made, if this isn't the response that you were looking for, feel free to uninstall, and re-install when the project releases in full. I do know people hurt for hdd space sometimes and 40gb isn't exactly "small".

Well said!! A project this big will take time, since there are only 2 developers on the team (NoFaTe and KiwiDog. Are there any more devs?). Some people really don't understand how huge a project like this really is. Dice/EA has entire floor or more of developers to work on a project like this. Yeah, VU is that big. The backend alone is HUGE, and just from what I have gathered, they are building the backend from the ground up, they are not using the Blaze BF3 Emu. They are using a custom backend that they are building from the ground up.

And that will be awesome for us, the users. But its going to take the developers longer to develop. But after VU is officially released, its going to be so much better then any of the VU competitors. Because most of them are running the Blaze BF3 Emu as their backend.

(If I am wrong about anything I talked about in this post, please let me know.)

MetzelKetzer

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Guess the main problem is, there are just to many other games out there to play.
Why should people play the 'old' BF3/VU if there is BF4 and now BF1?

If you could manage to make BF1 Server, well, i would kiss your feet, heh.

I appreciate what you have done here. The basic idea and implementation so far is great work.
But without a stable player base, all of this is pointless. :|

kiwidog

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:12 pm

MetzelKetzer wrote:Guess the main problem is, there are just to many other games out there to play.

I appreciate what you have done here. The basic idea and implementation so far is great work.

Mods, Server Hosting. Primarily mods. Take Project Reality, Counter-Strike, ArmA 3 mods as an example
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

lycanwrath

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 am

As much as I liked BF3, there are far too many new AA titles out currently to gather a big enough player-base to make it interesting.

I really appreciate the effort and work put in the VU project by the devs but if players do not follow..

Trancestor

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 pm

MetzelKetzer wrote:Guess the main problem is, there are just to many other games out there to play.

Go play those games then? For me and many others nothing compares to BF3.

dani9191

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:13 am

the another problem

can't create soldiers

iam new and i cant create soldier

xsecmp

Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 am

I played the live game. There had to be migrations on the linking of Venice e.g. we will be able to play it all incl. the Mod tools as soon as possible.

MetzelKetzer

Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:57 am

Trancestor wrote:
Go play those games then? For me and many others nothing compares to BF3.

Where did i say that i play BF3 and BF1? I talking about the playerbase in general.
No reason to be unfriendly. And you and "many others" are obviously not enough
to fill VU server.

Btw, i play only BC2.

Return to “General Discussion”