WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NanoGigs
Map MODS for weather

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Guys is there a way to change the weather in a map client-sided? I wanted to make a map rainy and all XD . I am not talking about hacking and disabling effects like dust and all, just wanna make heavy metal a little rainy-type

badbaubau

Re: Map MODS for weather

Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:58 am

first look on forum how to use modtools.Open with modtool and change weather states numbers to find a different weather for client side.Need to try step by step every weather to see how looks ;)

NanoGigs

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:57 am

badbaubau wrote:first look on forum how to use modtools.Open with modtool and change weather states numbers to find a different weather for client side.Need to try step by step every weather to see how looks ;)

So .. I can change the weather which will only appear like i want it on my screen only? like a darkish Heavy Metal. Like a Heavy MEtal Night map?

roquene

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:14 pm

that is possible. but have no idea how.
in the EA serverlist there is a "modded" server at the moment with a 'Atacama Night' map and other maps without borders. some look like moded singleplayer-maps.
played on it without need of downloading a mappack or something like that. just join.

they modded also different other things. like double-rocket with the UAV and extreme tuned vehicles (ultrafast).
its more a funserver cause some things are realy overpowered. the UAV kills a tank onehit without need to hit back/side.

they are marked as EA Server. but don't think they really are.

mizudg

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:55 pm

roquene wrote:that is possible. but have no idea how.
in the EA serverlist there is a "modded" server at the moment with a 'Atacama Night' map and other maps without borders. some look like moded singleplayer-maps.
played on it without need of downloading a mappack or something like that. just join.

they modded also different other things. like double-rocket with the UAV and extreme tuned vehicles (ultrafast).
its more a funserver cause some things are realy overpowered. the UAV kills a tank onehit without need to hit back/side.

Obviously not EA servers, but I'd rather know who is hosting those servers and how they made them Server-sided since baubau's need to be applied Client-sided as well

weavii

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 pm

i thought as long as you only use the entities that are loaded in the map anyways it can be serverside, otherwise only clientside :shock:
is the atacama night mod working?
maybe modified .exe? @rodney how is that possible?

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:04 pm

weavii wrote:i thought as long as you only use the entities that are loaded in the map anyways it can be serverside, otherwise only clientside :shock:

If you disabled weather on atacama it's kinda night. Though it looks shit.
I think that's what he's talking about here.
There used to be a signature here.

Freeshnik

Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:07 am

roquene wrote:that is possible. but have no idea how.

[Rant mode eneble]
U "forgot" to specify their rates - x30 (1500 points per kill), and this is going on while >1x rates is forbidden on Nexus.
[Rant mode disable]

Rodney wrote:
weavii wrote:i thought as long as you only use the entities that are loaded in the map anyways it can be serverside, otherwise only clientside :shock:

If you disabled weather on atacama it's kinda night. Though it looks shit.
I think that's what he's talking about here.

I think its looks just different (but RU side soldiers skins is perfectly matched with this graphics, means its hard to see it clearly):

roquene

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:40 am

[Rant mode eneble]
U "forgot" to specify their rates - x30 (1500 points per kill), and this is going on while >1x rates is forbidden on Nexus.
[Rant mode disable]

whops, yea. did not know thats forbidden here. mea culpa.

the "night mod" is not online at the moment. only the 'normal' modded atacama with instant-spawn of everything.
as said, it's only for fun. playing with a extra soldier on that server to not get my normal stats f*cked up.
but yea, it is clear that not everyone does. but it's hell of a fun whiz with a 60 ton tank and 120 km/h over the hills :D

the screens from freeshnik are not the nightmod that i mean btw. the nightmod is really dark / black sky. helis have some 'flickering' around them. looks like they are photoshoped^^

NanoGigs

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:58 am

Freeshnik wrote:
roquene wrote:

Where is that? o.O
I have never seen that map. So epic. Is it the real EA version?

Return to “Modifications”