WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
midnightmekanik
Possible hacking?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 am

So here is the background...

I have a gmail address that is used for this forum/games, and ONLY this forum and games. I did this just to be safe, I'm a little paranoid :)

I advised a friend that plays on these servers to do it as well, and it's a relatively easy thing to do.

Today, both my friend and I received an email from account activity from the Ukraine. The email said that our passwords were entered correctly, but google stopped the attempt. Obviously, we changed the passwords, and setup 2 step verification (I do on my other accounts, but they have more personal stuff on them). FYI - we are both in Canada...

I'm not accusing of anything, but just a heads up maybe if someone else has had the same problem. It's just too much of a coincidence to dismiss.

If everything is ok, accept my apologies for bringing this up, and that is one heck of a coincidence... I'm also looking into our work servers for possible compromise. We play at home, or at work (I know, it's bad, but we get bored on the night shift lol).

Thanks in advance for any input.

RobbingHood

Re: Possible hacking?

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Thanks for letting us know!

I haven't heard of anything similar before, and my personal email adress (gmail as well) didn't receive any such notification.
I'll see if I can find anything about this, but you can be sure that we neither tried gaining access to your accounts, nor is our database compromised :P

Did you happen to use the same password for gmail and for our forum?
If yes, someone might gain access to your forum account since we don't block any IPs from logging in. Please make sure you change your password if that is the case.

Return to “Administration Outpost”