WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
furiousTaher
some forum suggestion

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:43 am

well, i have been in this forum for a long time and i dont know where does nofate or other admins live.
so like some other forums will it be possible to show country or flag beside every post of the user? and if possible city too.

advantage: this will help the community to grow much faster i think. bettlefielders will know who are from their areas and contact them etc.

WAIT: I just noticed there is location feature.... removing this point

also, i suggest to add gadget information in user profile. the gadget info will not only include cpu/gpu/ram/os/mousekeyboard configuration of user's pc but also their framerate (for rome and venice) and isp/ping to EN servers.

advantage: this will help people to know about others pc configs and performances, also people will not have to post their pc config when posting game problems. This will even help nofate to figure out which set of hardwares is popular among EN members, and maybe sometimes will help him to make a decision about optimization of some kind.

another suggestion- and this is gonna make you guys furious :P please dont be.
i completely understand the rome project downtime, its very difficult to run a big project like rome all the time when over 2000 players are playing, sometimes updates are imminent. But i dont like the forum downtime. if it takes some minor hassles to solve the forum downtime problem please look into it.

RobbingHood

Re: some forum suggestion

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:49 am

People are free to post their country, hardware or whatever into the signature.
Having a flag on each post might not only make people uncomfortable, it'll also increase loading times (because of the IP lookup).
And yup, there even is a field for this in case people want to fill in that info themselves.

About forum downtimes: Do you mean the server actually not being reachable or just the forum being locked?
The former should only happen when we move servers or such, which is rarely the case. The latter however is done to prevent spam during the masterserver downtime.

furiousTaher

Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:20 pm

RobbingHood wrote:About forum downtimes: Do you mean the server actually not being reachable or just the forum being locked?
The former should only happen when we move servers or such, which is rarely the case. The latter however is done to prevent spam during the masterserver downtime.

actually i meant forum lockdown

RobbingHood

Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:18 am

As I said, that's just necessary.
If we don't, there'll be loads of spam from people who can't read, and that just means that the mods need to invest their time into the pointless trashing of threads.

furiousTaher

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:18 am

okay, just for the sake of the argument, not everyone shares pc config in signature (unless they have a beastly pc). I only see only a couple of people sharing that in signature. creating a section in profile may be more useful :)

RobbingHood

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm

furiousTaher wrote:okay, just for the sake of the argument, not everyone shares pc config in signature (unless they have a beastly pc)

And if we had an option in the profile for it, everybody would do it? I doubt that.

weavii

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Well you always can start a "post your pc rig" thread if you are curious.
If someone has got a problem, he will be requested to post the specs anyways since almost no one is doing that from the beginning.

furiousTaher

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:22 pm

ok...

another suggestion-
when opening a new topic there is no recommendation feature based on the title, in xda forum when u open a new thread the forum will automatically suggest you (based on your thread title) to have a look on similar threads first. can that feature be implemented? (trust me, this will reduce the number of new threads radically)

also- when opening a new thread there should be a disclaimer like "EN is not for providing u free games, any question about crcked games will result a parma ban". i am tired to see "how can play free bf3" threads :| same thing applicable for type "ban this haxer?"

RobbingHood

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:42 pm

I wouldn't know how to implement the former, and the latter is stated in the forum rules.
There won't be any major changes to the forums before the Venice release anyway.

furiousTaher

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:06 am

i am a new web developer myself,
for the first one you need ajax, the thread subject textbox onblur() will make ajax to search the entire forum then showing top 5 results in a div.

also there is another way of doing it, ajax is heavy for a website. so instead of ajax there will be submit confirm page, this page will show top 5 similar threads' threadname with an yes no option for "here are some suggestion-do you still want to submit a new thread instead?"

also, in this forum admins/moderators dont have 'i am a mod' in every post, i mean if i see your posts, i can know you are a mod by the color of your nick, it would be lil better if it was more explicit, like the 'location', there can be a 'status'

and reputation system can be added, though people will try to misuse it if certain constraints are not added in repu system.

Return to “Administration Outpost”