WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
IA64
Regarding down times...

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:01 pm

OK so basically an outage that lasts more than 24 hours and happens twice in less than 5 days and yet nothing official from board admins whatsoever.

Not that we're asking about ETA but how about updating the status ? Is this a planned maintenance outage or technical issue or what ? If it was planned I believe they should have mentioned that earlier. Unless I missed a thread ...

MikoS200420

Re: Regarding down times...

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Yea im up for that too, inform us when ure going down.

mizudg

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:06 pm

You didn't miss a thread... you just keep posting them over and over. All of you, newer forum members. Stop posting threads about the servers. The Devs will bring the servers back up whenever they can. Spamming the forums with more topics like these only opens up more work for the mods to delete them since these issues never last that long in the first place. If the devs decide to go on a vacation (for example) and the servers go down, do you think that posting on the forums will bring the servers back sooner? If the servers are down, that means the devs aren't around to restart them. Simple as that. Stop posting the same threads.

IA64

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:13 pm

I think you misunderstood the point of this thread....not that it's my 11th post in 2 years but If you don't want people to flood the forum with questions, just mention it clearly somewhere that servers are down and that the team is working on it. No one is asking about ETA but it feels like Admins aren't aware of it. Nowhere it says that someone representing this community board is in fact aware of this issue and has notified whoever is responsible for bringing the servers up.

TacTicToe

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:44 pm

It is mentioned, the problem is people are too lazy or clueless to look.

http://forums.veniceunleashed.net/bf/?stats

0 players = YES master server is down. This project is done in their spare time when they feel like working on it. No one owes you anything. You are not entitled to anything. I personally would love to see people start getting warned or banned from the forums for cluttering it with such non sense. If the master server goes down, whether deliberate or not, it will resume when they get to it. In the meantime you can go play on the official EA servers.

Check that link above. If there are no players, master server is down. Do NOT post letting anyone else know, we probably knew long before you. Do NOT post asking when it will be back up, it will come back online when and IF NoFate decides to take care of it.

End of discussion.
]Image

IA64

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:34 pm

TacTicToe wrote:It is mentioned, the problem is people are too lazy or clueless to look.

http://forums.veniceunleashed.net/bf/?stats

0 players = YES master server is down. This project is done in their spare time when they feel like working on it. No one owes you anything. You are not entitled to anything. I personally would love to see people start getting warned or banned from the forums for cluttering it with such non sense. If the master server goes down, whether deliberate or not, it will resume when they get to it. In the meantime you can go play on the official EA servers.

Check that link above. If there are no players, master server is down. Do NOT post letting anyone else know, we probably knew long before you. Do NOT post asking when it will be back up, it will come back online when and IF NoFate decides to take care of it.

End of discussion.

You still don't get it... Not sure how to explain it better. No one owns anyone anything. reread what I wrote. I don't have to look at the number of players to understand that the server is down I can guess it myself when the server is not connecting....

And warning/banning users for wishing for some official announcements by board members ? I've moderated regional forums like xda-developers since 2002 and I can tell you ...You can keep your opinion to yourself. If you're not here to support then don't even bother replying.

And btw... if you want to end a discussion, you lock the thread because those kind of discussions are endless.

Anyway I'll have a little chat with NoFate once he's back.
Cheers....

mizudg

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:59 pm

NoFaTe doesn't really owe anyone anything. If the servers are down, they're down. When they're back up, they're up. It's a common practice in EN's Rome so if you aren't aware of it, then there's no need to be extra picky about it. If they had to post an official announcement about the servers' downtime (whereas the servers are back up whenever the devs are back themselves), then there'd be no need since the servers would be down. If there's a scheduled downtime, usually, there are announcements or mentions on the Forums but with all these new topics being created every hour, do you think it will help if there was an announcement? People creating topics left and right (in their own languages nonetheless whereas it's not allowed unless in a regional sub-forums). Do you think these people will even bother to check for an announcement before going off on an 'adventure' throughout the different sub-forums? No, they wouldn't.

P.S. He didn't lock it because he's not a Mod. When someone checks this thread, it will be locked most likely due to it being useless at this point as it's just banter. The servers are up and these forum spams occur every time ,shortly, until they're back up.

IA64

Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:15 pm

mizudg wrote:P.S. He didn't lock it because he's not a Mod. When someone checks this thread, it will be locked most likely due to it being useless at this point as it's just banter. The servers are up and these forum spams occur every time ,shortly, until they're back up.

Good to know that none of the moderators read it yet. That was the point.

Anyway I'm going nowhere here.
Regards

RobbingHood

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:51 pm

If you become aware of the masterserver being down, you can always assume that we already know - posting threads about it is pointless and annoying.
Now, the reason why there is no official announcement about said downtime is that it's not a "big deal". It's no scheduled maintenance but rather a crash that sometimes happens.

Servers are normally up again really quickly. If they're not, which was the case a few days ago, please just be patient - we know, and we'll make sure to fix it as soon as possible.

Return to “Welcome Area”